Cleaned my Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko1987

Well, after not touching my Puma since a good rinse and foam on Boxing Day, I gave it a good wash today.

No pics unfortunately, as it was raining :(

However, here is what she looked like about 3 weeks ago...

5360632237_b0aa9b7a5c_b.jpg

Process:

Damn good rinse. Wheels off and carpet arch liners rinsed (black water!)

Arches sprayed with Megs APC, scrubbed and rinsed again.

Wheels Bilberried and washed. Didn't get rid of the hideous amount of tar, but I'll take them off properly when it's warm and refurbish them.

Foam

Shuts, Trimlines etc cleaned with a detailing brush

Bonnet popped open, and water runs and plastic bits scrubbed with APC.

Rinsed and re-foamed

Washed with BTBM, 2 buckets and a £1 Asda Kent Micronoodle mitt

Rinsed

Clayed (clay stayed pretty clean to be honest)

Rinsed (did alot of rinsing as the car was filthy)

Went round a panel at a time with VP Citrus Tar and Glue Remover and sprayed and wiped on. MF went black!

Re-foamed to get rid of the T&G Remover and dried

Then it started to spot on and off with rain, so decided to do what I could, so got the garden umbrella out of hibernation and set it up over the rear passenger side.

Did the following on the rear quarter, and the bit over the door, and the wingmirror. Door and front wing remained un-touched.

SRP X2

Lime Prime Lite

Dodo Banana Armour

Vacced the drivers footwell out and cleaned & fed the drivers seat whilst wax dried

Rear Passenger tyre dressed with Turtlewax Tyre Gel

Didn't seal the wheel.

Then drove to Maidenhead for a mooch around Halfords, Homebase, Pet City (I want a hamster :D)

and came out of Halfords and saw this...

5458394571_dd32d5469d_b.jpg

5458394573_93821bc48d_b.jpg

close-up of the rear quarter, highlighting why I can't wait to get a DA :cool: (and why I should focus my camera before taking pics as the other picture is shocking!

Got so many looks as I drove about, was great. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll Rinse and QD a panel at a time and continue with the above.

Back