colour change !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me and lou

hi all, we have just bought our first puma 1.7 16v, r reg, in black, its got a few bits of rust about the body and needs a colour change but its picking one to suit it, we dont like black , i know we could have bought the right colour that suits us but we want to do it up as we want it looking. just struggling on the colour choice i like red and the wife likes silver or yellow , come on you guys support me and say red please :D , its your vote that counts we got a week to decide , thanks .

G'day!

Congrats on the new purchase :D

I'm biased and like blue!!

But I do think that red can come up lovely; are you planning to do it a metallic red or the flat red similar to that of the original red ones?

Silver is ok... but is the colour you will see most of because it's 'popular'

Yellow is a good one if you want to stand out; have a look at the gallery, you will find pictures of all of these colours, maybe this may help you decide?

Welcome to the site :)

What's the service history like on the car? I assume you've seen to all of the mechanical requirements before thinking about changing the colour being that the car is nearly 10 years old?

If you have any other questions do let us know!

Personally, I think the best colour for the puma would have been a deep pearlescent red.

Welcome by the way.

:eek:k:

Blue is really nice on the puma.

To get it resprayed properly what are you thinking it will cost you?

Welcome!

If you're going to change the colour, you'd be best going for a colour that wasn't readily available for the puma.

Silver is the most common colour you'll see on a puma, so if you wanted silver, it would probably be easier to buy one.

As Dal says, a dark pearlescent or metallic red would look good, especially as it wasn't available as standard.

Whatever yo decide on, keep us all updated. :eek:k:

I like this red on an MX5 from the motorshow yesterday:
b9b9e738.jpg

Dal, did you have to post the one with me sitting in it? :oops: (It was rather nice though :wub:)

You bought a red car Elvin...?!

Helen likes red cars I think Cherie ;)

I didn't have any other picture of that MX5 without you in it. I could have put the closeup one up if you'd prefer?

Getting back to the original post, I think you should spray it a different colour to the normal puma colours though. How about white?

What's your budget and how shy are you?

I'd go for flip paint everytime on a curvy car like a Puma, otherwise solid white or a yellow FRP :p

http://www.flippaint.co.uk/home.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi guys, thanks for all the welcomes to this site and also your comments, well i got some news on the colour >>>>>>>> the queen (aka the wife bless her) its going to be YELLOW , i have got to obay her cuz i dont fancy sleeping on the settee again lol, as for the budget well thats a secret between me and my wallet and hopeing the wife dont find out :-D , but its going to be done by myself with a lot of love and affection , as for the mechanical bits we are renewing all the running gear ( bushes wish bones struts ect ect , we have been told that mk4 fiesta running gear is the same dont know if anyone can shed any light on this one , we want to keep it standard as much as poss with the odd twek here and there , we will have to up load pics with the progress on here if we are allowed , :pose:

me and lou said:
Hi guys, thanks for all the welcomes to this site and also your comments, well i got some news on the colour >>>>>>>> the queen (aka the wife bless her) its going to be YELLOW

Are you going to leave the mirrors black?

Why not just buy a millenium then? Hard work is done for you, not to mention a snazzy interior and the fact its a limited edition.

Please feel more than welcome to start a project thread under the 'ProjectPuma' section.

Put some pics before you start then update it as you go along, then you have a nice record of what's gone on etc!

Are you handy with a spray gun then?

DradusContact said:
Why not just buy a millenium then? Hard work is done for you, not to mention a snazzy interior and the fact its a limited edition.

MillenNium

:fists:

:p

I'd have to agree, if you want a yellow puma, buy a Millie. If you want to change the colour, go for something different. Also, if you were to sell it on in the future, a yellow puma that isn't a Millennium will confuse people and worst case scenario, put them off buying. Whereas an unusual colour for a puma will stand out, but in a good way.

Just my opinion though.

Back