Crazy Insurance at 20 for 1.7!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just dropped another £738.82 with Admiral through an Elephant quote on Confused.com, it was £791.82 last year. All mods declared, only 4k miles a year with £300 excess.

That's with 8 years no claims discount. I can't help think the whole industry is rigged and should be torn apart! I really wanted a Meerkat too but they never come in cheapest.

Be careful with Admiral and Elephant.

Fully comp is ok but they use a company called Albany Assistance for all the third party claims. I had a prang in an Alfa 156. Paid £2,400 for ins and even though the other guy admitted liability really early on they took nearly 10 months to sort out the settlement. Firstly after 6 months of farting about they told me the claim had been closed!! Then they sent the claim back to Elephant who told me they had no knowledge of this. They eventually agreed £800 for the car and then £250 turned up in the post and they tried claiming that I had agreed to it. In the end it I had to get a solicitor involved to reclaim the damages.

Thats not to mention that after 3 months of free courtesy car they turned up one morning and took it away! No notice or anything!

They are totally useless so seriously think hard before going third party with ANY company that use Albany assistance.

new_puma said:
My insurance just went from £1100 odd to...£423.56

I changed the job title to a Baker, and the price came DOWN that dramatically, BUT they phoned me up and said there was a discrepancy, I said I did it by mistake and they let me keep the "Baker" price xD :lol:
Well, they would do. That's a free £423.56 in the pocket for them, knowing that they can reject any future possible claim from you on the grounds of wrongful disclosure.

Frank said:
new_puma said:
My insurance just went from £1100 odd to...£423.56

I changed the job title to a Baker, and the price came DOWN that dramatically, BUT they phoned me up and said there was a discrepancy, I said I did it by mistake and they let me keep the "Baker" price xD :lol:
Well, they would do. That's a free £423.56 in the pocket for them, knowing that they can reject any future possible claim from you on the grounds of wrongful disclosure.

I amended the job title when they called, so it's all good

Just insured mine last month with aviva 22years old 5years no claims bodykit wheels everything declared 680 for the year fully comp but limited millage of 5000 miles

Hi,
makes my insurance at £143 look chaep. When I first started driving I got a quote for a Mini 850 which was £62 at the time that was six weeks wages for me. Things seem to be relative. I do sympathise for young drivers today.
Regards
Richard Mansfield

Back