Damo's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damo :-) said:
I thought about green to match the dials, but went with white.
At that price though, I might try a green anyway.
Thanks for the nice comment, means a lot from someone with a car as fantastic as yours
Cheers
Damo

try a few ideas and go with what you like :) my old black puma had idiglo dials and i had the green bulbs removed as the dials themselves were lit, I did plan on doing the other LED's white so it all matched but got offered the frp first

keep up the good work :D

and thanks for the nice comment too :eek:k:

damo :-) said:
LOONEY said:
what's that black thing on your light?damo

I think it's the alarm sensor, although I'm not 100% certain

As Xparty said its the sensor for the remote key, as yours like mine is an earlier I/R system. (which means you practically need to be standing in the car to get it to work) :lol:

The cars looking good mate, I love the exhaust. have you got those arches done yet? post up some pics asap! :eek:k:

Thanks mate :)

It's going in this weekend for the arches :thumbs:

Will post up when it's all done...can't wait!

Cheers

Damo

Stripped most of the rear out today, in preparation for its rear arch surgery.

I wanted to have a look at how the rust was from the inside...plus it saves a job for my bodyshop guy :wink:

Here was the Off side (Drivers), which wasn't too bad

offsiderearinnerarch.jpg

And the Nearside (Passenger) which was the worst of the two

nearsiderearinnerarch.jpg

Its gonna be a long few days without her, but it will be worth it in the end.
Whilst she's in she's also going to have a good waxoyl-ing as a precautionary measure to keep the tin worm at bay for as long as possible.

Will post pics up when I get her back

Cheers

Damo

Ok, so I got my baby back, and she's all shiny and like new again :thumbs:

Had all the arches and underneath Waxoyled and covered the interior side of the arch with loads of seam sealant to try and keep the dreaded tin worm at bay for as long as possible.
IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

And here are a few pics of the outside

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

sideshot.jpg

Cant tell you how nice it is to see perfect arches instead of rust spots, I'm so pleased :grin:

Just got to get rid of the bloody sealant smell now, its horrendous!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, and any feedback is more than welcome

Cheers

Damo

Thanks guys

Got a magic tree in to mask the smell, and it's definitely not as strong as it was

Worth putting up with it for how much better the car looks now

Cheers

Damo

Managed to wash and polish her between the showers

Here she is with the sun on her (It really shows how good a job has been done on the arches I think)

Cheers

Damo

newarches1.jpg

newarches2b.jpg

look at damo and his very shiny car lol looking good mate how much did that cost

Lol, ay up Looney mate :grin:

Arches cost me just under £50 off ebay, and fitting/spraying £350

Cheers

Damo

Latest posts

Back