Diving My Puma is Driving Me Round the Twist

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinTin86

Right Guys!!!!

I have owned my puma since Nov last year, ever since then i have been trying to remedy the most annoying noise in the world.....

Every time i.....

1) Go over a bump
2) Brake
3) Accelerate from stand still (after breaking)
4) Turn the wheel whilst moving at slow speeds (either direction) e.g 3 point turn

I get a really loud clunk/knock/bang/thud from the offside...its somewhere in the wheel arch and i can feel it in the brake pedal when i press it.

So far i have replaced the wishbone (and lower ball joint), track rod arm, caliper, brake disc and pads, brake hose, ARB droplink, drive shaft, and cv boots.

I have also practically hung off the spring whilst it was on my mates lift, its not broken...all the obvious have been checked too like the anti roll bar and the likes...EVERYTHING SEEMS SOLID

Your thought???

What everyone else has said - either that or a disintegrated suspension bush.

Ok...development.... Guys I checked the susp bushes and the mount both fine and no give whatsoever and Still couldnt replicate the noise. Then tried turning the wheels to full lock whilst stationary and there u go....CLUNK when I turn the wheels to full lock to the right I get the most almighty clunk and if ur outside the car it sounds like its coming from the low centre of the engine bay as appose to the o/s wheel arch. Steering rack maybe???

possibly, i would think you would feel it through the steering wheel if its the rack. could it be a sticking top strut bearing?

Finally got chance to get the car on the lift...Guess what...Someone didn't tighten the wishbones up enough and they have slowly been getting looser and looser as as time has passed.
Tighten them up and finally no clunk!

Ridiculous!

Latest posts

Back