finding a custom made haft shaft

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom000

hello

need a bit of help and advise

my project 'electric puma' is on its way to be finished.

A problem i have is with the electric motor installed the haft shaft support has nothing to bolt on to.
Is there a way I can have a custom made haft shaft so it goes strait to the wheel and dosent need a support?
There is alot more room in the engine bay, no exaust pipes so the shaft can go in a strait line and wont clash into anything.

if you know any manufactures? any help would be great, thanks.

yea thanks bude i will try and get in contact with cps drivelink. :grin:

I had a talk over the phone with them and they said they can make what im asking.

so im going to buy a new driveshaft for the job, but i can't find one on ebay for a puma.

will this fit into the gearbox?? i dont know if all ford cars have a standard measurment?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK1-1-8TDDi-DRIVESHAFT-NEAR-SIDE-NEW-98-05-/140538517583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20b8bf984f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the measuring equipment i have isnt great.

does anyone know or could find out how long the drive shaft needs to be, the gearbox strait to the wheel?

I know the original right hand drive shaft is 0.9 meters.

would be a big help.

I'm afraid I do not have answers to any of your questions, but I am very interested in your project. Do you have a thread on here or are you planning to post one?

thats alright

I do have a threaad, its a bit old. its called 'electric puma' in the project list.

im in university at the moment so im only able to work on it in the summer.

Back