ford fiesta 2.0l st engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi does anyone know if the ford fiesta st 2.0l engine would fit into my ford puma using same engine mounts, maybe a st gearbox to original drive shafts or what i would need to change thankyou.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

8) :thumbs:

You'd need custom mounts, but that's as much as I know I'm afraid.

Depends on your level of mechanical skill but the ST uses an IB5 gearbox like the Puma, however the electrics would be a nightmare to wire in as the ST has a fly by wire throttle for starters

Custom mounts and standalone ECU will be needed.

A very worthwhile mod if you can do it, the ST engine has massive tuning potential

The Mk1/Mk2 Fiesta people fit the Mondeo/Focus 2.0 Duratec/Zetec all the time - does this bolt into a Puma? Should probably search myself really! :oops:

It's a bit pointless fitting a 2.0 Zetec to a Puma IMO unless you're going to turbo it as the Zetec has a big heavy iron block and only has about 10 more BHP than the 1.7

There is a guy on the zsoc that sells the mounting brackets to fit a duratec in a fiesta/puma, can't remember his user name, why not have a browse on zsoc and see

d170sam said:
There is a guy on the zsoc that sells the mounting brackets to fit a duratec in a fiesta/puma, can't remember his user name, why not have a browse on zsoc and see
think it might be bloggy

I would prefer to fit the ecoboost 1.6 turbo from the new fiesta st (or focus 1.6 etc), since its lighter and more powerful. I think the prices are starting to come down for them too.

But in the end, performance wise I don't see a massive difference between the 1.6 ecoboost and a turbo 1.7 zetec. Turboing the 1.7 isn't anywhere near as expensive or difficult. I think maybe the biggest two things that give the ecoboost an edge is economy and reliability (especially at the same performance levels, eg. 180-200hp). But if you aren't so bothered about that, then adding more power to the 1.7 may end up being a more fun engine.

I don't know how far the ST150 engine can be tuned, but if you want to get a lot out of it you will have to turbo it, sure you can do NA tuning but then you could spend more on that than getting a turbo, but end up with less power, torque, driveability etc. Just seems like a money pit to me, not that money pits can't be fun, but lets say you destroy a 1.7 engine with a turbo, its not a big expense to replace it, you can enjoy it and not worry too much about it.

Anyway just thought I'd give you more to think about :) merry christmas to you too :)

For the ST150 you'd need custom L/H engine & Torque link mounts, gearbox mount can be reused, Custom shafts as the standards can lock when fully extended, you'd also need to faff about with the selector as the St box is cables rather than rods, custom manifold, and standalone ecu & mapping.

If you're handy with the spanners I reckon it'd cost around £2.5k to be have a standard engine up & running.

The duratec is actuallly a very tunable engine, a set of itb's & cams will see over 200bhp, you can also go down the forced induction route too for a lot more

Latest posts

Back