GOOD Newtown MOT & Tyre Centre, Nr Penzance, Cornwall

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67911121km

A bit out the way for most of you, but anyone in the West Cornwall area looking for a decent "local" garage, I'd recommend Newton MOT & Tyre Centre on the A394 (next to the Jet petrol station).

Took my Puma in for an MOT recently - £35 plus free retest within 14 days. It did fail and the guy doing the test called me into the garage and showed me everything that was wrong underneath the car. I was quoted £300 for a load of welding plus £20 for putting my calipers on the right way round (front brake hoses twisting), went off and got second opinion, agreed. Took the car in two days later, work completed (cleaned up and primed) and they only charged me £300 - did the calipers for free. They also waxoyled a few other areas which they had pointed out during the MOT.

Went back today for a fuel filter change, quoted £20-£30 on the phone, they charged me £10!

If its the same guy as a few years back he used to own the old scrapyard at Godolphin Cross and a top bloke a Cockney if memory serves me right.

H14 RUD said:
If its the same guy as a few years back he used to own the old scrapyard at Godolphin Cross and a top bloke a Cockney if memory serves me right.

A bit late (I haven't been on Project Puma for a while) but yes, sounds like the same guy. Coincidentally, same guy who's just got the arse with me on the phone because they can't get hold of a new fuel tank that'll take my pump!

Latest posts

Back