Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st time I've had to work a full day on Christmas eve in 24 years :(

Yesterday morning I thought I might end up in hospital with the severity of the back pain I was experiencing. But after a chat to NHS 111 at 5am and Cherie being at Tesco Pharmacy at 6.30am :wub: , I'm slowly feeling better.

So no out raving or getting bladdered this NYE but glad to be sitting up straight at the dining table in a relative pain free status. Thank goodness for Codeine / Paracetamol and a back brace/belt.

Dal said:
Yesterday morning I thought I might end up in hospital with the severity of the back pain I was experiencing. But after a chat to NHS 111 at 5am and Cherie being at Tesco Pharmacy at 6.30am :wub: , I'm slowly feeling better.
Well I wasn't about to go to bed and just leave you on your own was I? :wub: At least we both managed to get a few hours sleep last night!
So no out raving or getting bladdered this NYE but glad to be sitting up straight at the dining table in a relative pain free status. Thank goodness for Codeine / Paracetamol and a back brace/belt.
As if getting bladdered ever features in our plans! :lol: After all I'm currently living it up with Kerrang on TV, and a cup of Earl Grey... and all three of us are on our laptops!!

Two rants.

Firstly - the flipping potholes that have just claimed the new tyre on the wife's Fiesta (new because we lost the last one to another pothole a month ago).

Secondly - The stupid vanity nut-caps that are fitted to the car!!! Thin little metal bastards that refuse to be removed when you're stuck at the side of the road so you can't get the nuts off. I've just spent 30 mins trying to remove three of them when I got an SOS from the missus. One I managed to use a strange sized socket and a hammer to get off. Another I had to punch a hole through the centre and lever off with a screwdriver and the third point-blank refused to be shifted, meaning that I had to abandon her and take the kids back home while she phoned the RAC (I would have stayed there instead, but single woman stranded in the dark gets far quicker service).

Without those stupid caps, she'd have done the wheel change herself and be on her way in 10 mins. Instead, she's still waiting there after well over an hour. :evil: :evil:

People have been finishing work since 3.30pm and it's still nose-to-tail through the industrial estate I work in.

Meaning I'm still sat at my desk like a mug. <_<

I could have bought another (albeit a very shitty, high mileage example) TT today with the amount I paid to the garage for work done on her over the last 2 days!

But you now know you've a mint low mileage car that should still have cost you lots more than it did.

Grumble related to by "WMYDT".. My director has offered me a Korea trip, but my manager doesn't agree :(

I think I can hear them talking about it now. Baw.

I have just had a nuisance phone (2nd in an hour) call offering me of all things a free "call blocker" service for my phone...."free" service but will cost me £1.99 a month for the "device" to attach to my phone.

Call was of course from one of these 00100 numbers.......funnily enough when it was pointed out that my number is registered to stop these calls he put the phone down :evil:

I just discovered that if you sell something on ebay and the buyer doesn't pay as has just happened to me after selling some skank a bike you cant leave bad feedback for the failed buyer.

They apparently have no rules preventing you garrotting them though :twisted:

Impatient drivers!

Our house has a shared driveway: it's a wide T shape, with us at the far left of the T. Last night I got home to find our next door but one neighbour manoeuvring to reverse into her space in front of her house. This involved her blocking me from pulling in. So I stuck my right indicator on, and patiently waited for her to finish. There was a little queue building up behind me, but rather than waiting the 30 seconds for me to move out of the way, two cars decided that they couldn't wait that long, and would go around the small queue. Both passing a keep left sign on the wrong side in the process. If I hadn't been keeping an eye on what the people behind me were doing, I could have easily turned right into our drive, and had a Ford Focus buried in the side of my car!

Is being patient so much of a struggle for people these days?

It would seem so, last week I was stopped in Tesco's car park waiting to turn right and park in a bay with my right turn indicator on, I was stopped because the car in the next bay had its reversing lights on. I established that the car wasn't actually going to reverse and started to turn right only to hear the screech of tyres as a car tried to overtake me.

So a driver comes up behind me while I am stopped and indicating a right turn and on my right a cars width or so away is another car with its reversing lights on so obviously the thing to do is try and overtake me on the wrong side of the road and try and sandwich yourself between two cars :twisted: :twisted:

Back