Hello!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterSmith said:
The Arch Bishop said:
Lovely 2CV's! The van is a beauty!

I used to be involved with the 2CV racing series, but sadly not as a driver way back (I even got to drive one around Spa GP circuit).

Great cars; for example, who but the French would make the entire sill into a perfect beer bottle opener? Genius!

It still makes me sick when I think of all those Citroen's that we'd buy up for £100 and trash for parts. Especially when you see what they'd be worth now... :-(

Ha-ha! :thumbs: Nice to see that Puma-world is such a broad church! I was expecting to get the forum equivalent of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1dvdGoOvk&t=15s[/youtube]

I too shudder to think of all those cars I turned down (some for as little as £50!!) in the 90s. A time machine would be handy!

At the end of the day we are all car lovers unless it is a Vauxhall :lol:

That Citroen van will be a little gem when finished, you don't see many of them around anymore.

Ha-Ha! I've had some very dull Vauxhalls over the years. Competent, but dull.

Not the worst, though. That award goes to a Fiat. Beyond dreadful.
$T2eC16VHJGoE9nuQfebVBP6cObU,3g~~60_3.JPG

[Note: photo posed by model. This is not the actual car that blighted my life between 1998 and 2000.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZzNDzy9710&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now this would be a nice thing for the van

:grin:
hiya

can you tell me what you did to the dipped headlites please

my headlites are brill when on full beam but when dipped i struggle to see where i'm going,
is it just a case of changing the bulbs or whatever, pls tell

thanks
oh btw welcome

Shanosburgess said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZzNDzy9710&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Now this would be a nice thing for the van

Indeed! If ever I find a nice cheap Ferrari donor car... :lol:

Incidentally, a year or so ago I got in touch with the Nimik guys who built the 2CV-Ferrari. They were very friendly. Urged me to contact them if ever I'm in their area, so long as I turn up in the van!! Now THAT would be fun!

Here's some photos and details of what they did to transform their van.

And here's another vid of the van itself (commentary in Italian, but includes shots of a turbo-nutter doing donuts etc from 1:30-ish) [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQVw5l0a0zM[/youtube]

dollydreamer said:
hiya

can you tell me what you did to the dipped headlites please

my headlites are brill when on full beam but when dipped i struggle to see where i'm going,
is it just a case of changing the bulbs or whatever, pls tell

thanks
oh btw welcome

Hi dollydreamer, :grin:

I went to Halfords and bought a pair of Extreme Brilliance light bulbs on a bogof offer. Cost about £30.

Warning: Halfords guides told me to buy lights "9006", but my car required "9005". Tip: remove a dipped light in the car park and take it in with you OR remove a light and take a digi-photo of what you need and take it to the store. Their crap info meant that I had to make two trips! :x

The other thing I did when I changed the bulbs was this: I removed the light covers and spent half an hour or so gently polishing the covers' exteriors with a wet cloth and T-Cut, then buffing them up. My covers weren't massively crazed to start with, but they were rather dull. The T-Cut has made a big improvement.

Tip: When removing the light covers, take care not to break the plastic clips - they can be a bit brittle.

The overall improvement is very good. Mind you, my dipped lights were shockingly bad, and they're still not fantastic. Adjusting the position of the lights themselves is my next job. They seem to shine into the side of the road just a bit too much.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Much belated, I know, but I thought I'd introduce my Puma. 62,000 miles now (about 59k when I bought it 18 months ago). Took these pics yesterday just after I'd washed it.

I'm the car's 3rd owner. I bought it from a guy in Devon, but the car's first owner was only about 3 miles or so from where I live! It's obviously been well looked after. No real rust problems at all, and the rear wings are fine! It has a pretty full service history, and the cambelt was changed at Pumabuild at 58,000 in 2009.

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

Since I bought it all I've done to it is put four new tyres on it, fixed the rubber valance thingy under the front bumper in place with new trim clips, put a new temperature sensor/sender on it (with a new cable) and changed the dip headlights. All minor stuff.

Next jobs: maybe clean up the HCV (it stuck once, last week, but has been fine since then, so maybe I won't bother unless/until it plays up again) and replace the back part of the exhaust. I have the replacement all ready to put on, but I'll wait till the old one finally gives up the ghost.

Owner no. 2 was a Project Puma fan: there are stickers in the rear window and the 1/4 windows.

I'm having great fun with this vehicle. Just put another 12 months tax on it, so unless circumstances change I think this is a keeper.

Latest posts

Back