Help save a Puma this Christmas...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandamoania

Hi all,

My puma's first ice-skating experience has resulted in a collision with a flat bed truck :?
I've been hit with a quote of £1700 for the repairs.:cry:
For the new parts I've been quoted:

New driver side Headlight £290
New driver side front wing £186
New bumper £200

The rest of the £1024 is going on labour and paint.

Unfortunately it looks like the end is nigh for my beloved little car, unless any of you guys can recommend cheap part sources and, hopefully, some repair mechanics with kind hearts, free diaries and a magic pen :wink:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

That is rotten luck. I'm sure you can source the parts from a scrappy. Where are you based so others can hopefully point you in the right direction for help.

Ah yes, that would help a bit :roll: My location is the Liverpool/Manchester area...thanks :grin:

As much as i would love to say go round the scrappies your better off spending half that on a donor vehicle.

or better yet spend £1500 on getting another one.

you should be able to get a bumper and a headlight on ebay, not sure about a wing but they are bolt on so provided you can get the right colour it will be cheap, bumper and headlight are easy to fit never done a wing.

Might be worth checking out any pumas being broken in the For Sale threads.

New Bosch Puma headlamps (just needs bulbs) £124.40, delivered:
http://www.agautos.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_12_41&products_id=5526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

have you got any pictures of the damage ?
do you mind 2nd hand parts ie a bumper of ebay will probably have marks on it but i got a silver one and polished most out, you would probably have to wait for a black wing to pop up on ebay, i see you live close to me if you cant fit them it would take a look next day i am off work and bored

Thanks guys, this is all good stuff and your cheering my Christmas up no end :grin:

Vekma, I'll try and post some pictures up on Xmas eve...it's at a garage near St.Helens at the moment. In the meantime I can go through the damage now in glorious decripto-vision:

Point of impact was right front wing just under the headlight.
Headlight casing was obliterated, but bulbs still worked (not sure on indicator though).
The impact on the front wing resulted in it being nudged backwards fractionally (1cm maybe 2), but to such an extent that I can't open the drivers door.
The bumper damage was minimal from what I recall, and isn't a priority in terms of being fixed.

I think a sizeable chunk of my quote expense is for the paint job, where I've suffered from having a 'black' puma with the metallic paint. To be honest, I'm not too precious on the shade of black it ends up with as the car has several scratches anyway and needs a respray (this time next year, Rodders...).

Ultimately, if I can get the wing and headlight replaced I can just buy a spray can to sort the colour out for now.

YOG - that headlight link was fantastic, thank you very much, I'll struggle to find a better price...£170 cheaper than the quote, magic...repair cost could be down to £1530 now :grin:

Kind Regards

theres a black puma being broken for parts on ebay atm Item number: 320632702271. im not aloud to post links am i?

I would just wait to find a black wing has they are bolt on, this avoids the painting labour

Nowt wrong with the odd link.

(As long as that's not your sole bit of information in a for sale thread)

Hi all,

I'm new to all this technomagical uploady stuff...but pretty sure this is a link to my cat's damage (apologies if I've blundered over forum rules, was hoping to just 'copy and paste' the image :oops: )

pandamoania

Just to the left of the headlight is a large white patch on the wing...this was the point of impact. I'm in the process of sourcing a headlight, wing and bumper; just need a recommended someone who can clang it all together.

Hoping that 'kitty' will be back on the prowl in 2011.

Regards

You want to be using the IMG or Direct Link code off Photobucket, example:

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/pandamoania/DavidsPictures097.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DavidsPictures097.jpg

Damage looks easily fixable, is the bonnet okay or has that taken any damage?

:)

Hi,

Thanks for the upload and info Marcus000, I'm all thumbs when it comes to these forum-thingys :lol:

Bonnet is fine, and there's barely a scratch on the bumper in truth. The wing took the brunt of it, it's been forced back a fraction and away from the bonnet (hence the gap and the slight buckle over the wheelarch).

Surely not £1700 worth of damage though (parts must be solid gold)...good job 'kitty' didn't serenely glide into anything else during her skate :)

Regards

In all honesty, I bet you could source a new bumper, wing and headight for less than £100, just keep your eyes peeled for someone breaking one near you. :)

Back