How do i paint lettering on puma gearknob??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adampuma

Right which one of you clever people know the best way to colour the lettering on the puma gearknob?? I wanna do mine but was thinking.... Permanent marker? Spray it and polish the top? Any tried and tested methods please? Thankyouuu.

I used a tiny brush from a model shop, and used a matchstick and cloth to remove the excess

I used enamel, painted it in with modelling brush, then polished the rest off the face.

First use a toothpick and solvent to clean out the the grooves. Liberally apply the paint into them, then wipe off the excess with a cloth or tissue. Most paint types should work well, I used acrylic and it's held up well to daily use for 6 months.

Thanks people i done it now, with a small paint brush and Acrylic paint and intensive tar remover for excess :)

Because the letters are recessed, you can paint the whole surface of the gearknob without worrying about spillage, then when the paint dries, sand the whole thing clean with fine sand paper.
It's what I did anyway, I'm very happy with the results. I used the Halfords matched colour paint kit (Ford Panther Black) that I got to retouch the outside.
The morning after
A quick sanding and..

Yeah, mine had only muck left in the grooves, wasn't sure what colour it should be :) Sticking to concourse R should be red, but I'd nearly sooner make 5 red instead.

Back