I'm back...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmer69

After a hiatus of around 3 years as of tomorrow I'll be back in a Puma, this time an FRP!

Traded in my 40k mile silver 1.7 around 3 years ago for a BMW 320si which really didn't work out well. Serious electrical gremlins and £2000 spent in 18 months I got rid of the beemer and have been running around in a 1991 Eunos Roadster since (and loving it). Working in Newcastle at the moment and spotted an FRP for sale locally, went and viewed it and struck a deal, always wanted one. Just waiting on sorting tax now and collecting the car tomorrow evening, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Couldn't find any information on it here but the guy Chris has had it for 11 years and has looked after it pretty well and has had some work done on the brakes etc. done by one of the guys on here. In the excitement I can't remember the build number but the reg is X351 VOO if anyone has any knowledge of it.

Full update to follow but the plan is basically to tidy up a few things and enjoy it for a while. No idea how long I can realistically keep it but will just take things as they come, rest assured the car will be driven and maintained as intended.

It's good to be back!

I'm sure Aaron will be along soon with some details on the car. Welcome back to Puma ownership - FRP's can be demanding, but fun too :)

there you go, the FRP oracle has spoken !!

Well done Aaron and welcome back

I bow to your superior knowledge! How did you find that out?

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, just picked through the thread on my old car, still miss it.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7233&hilit=jimmer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Red, really loved the car, should never have sold it!

I can confirm that I am now the proud owner of 470!

First impressions are good but it's been really wet so just been pootling around. It torque steers lots on the greasy roads, is this normal?

Anyway I've already got a few jobs lined up.

1. Gear linkage is pretty slack
2. Brakes are very spongy
3. Engine bay needs good clean
4. Service
5. Remove spoiler

Loving it already

jimmer69 said:
2. Brakes are very spongy

That'd be the first thing I'd sort tbh. The Alcons should ideally be serviced yearly, but if yours haven't had any attention for a while, they may need a good overhaul. Eldude on here does a good service - highly recommended.

Thanks guys, brakes are definitely the first point of call, they seem strong enough but I think new fluid could be in order as well as a good clean-up.

Encountered an odd problem, blower only blows hot for the first 5-10 minutes of driving, works fine after that. Is this a sign the HCV is on the way out or are there any other suggestions?

Some very very bad new folks :-(

Just after buying 470 I had a change in circumstances that meant that I had to sell one of my cars. My plan when buying the Puma was to run it and restore my Eunos Roadster, then swap them over and do the same with the FRP. Unfortunately I lost the lockup that I was going to use and with my girlfriend moving in and only being allowed 2 parking permits at my flat I had to get rid of one car. I advertised both thinking that surely, being summer and all that, that the little Mazda would be the first to go but I'm saddened that it was the Puma that found a new home, driving off into the sunset by a happy man known only as Ginge from Montrose.

I did about 1000 miles in the car an loved every single one of them, most of these were clocked driving between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the A68 which was a great road to stretch the car's legs. The car always felt like an event to drive and the crackle on the overrun never got old! I've driven a lot of fast cars but nothing I have driven goads you into pushing it harder and harder than the FRP, a true B-road hero!

Considering my length of ownership I can't believe how much I miss the car already. I really hope that I'm able to return to one in the future. In the mean time I will continue to thrash the Mazda mercilessly as I have for the past two years!

But my loss could be your gain, I picked up a few spares for the car during my short tenure and I'll put these up on the forum for sale section before I offer them to the vultures on eBay.

Thanks, it's been emotional!

Latest posts

Back