Insurance is to expensive, were to get cheaper insurance

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane-23

hiya all

im after cheap insurance. been on the road for 6 years, no points (mr goody goody) LOL

any one recommend any compaines i can do online qoutes

so far best i got is £1074 a year on a puma 1.7 standered..
they asking £104 i think a month

i use to paying £28 for my punto diesel van :(

cheers
shane

HOW MUCH!? :shock: I've got 0 years NCB and 3 points and my insurance is half that with Admiral. I recently asked them to quote for a ridiculous list of modifications I'm planning on making over the next year: FRP inlet manifold, lowered suspension (30mm), 17" alloys, FRP bucket seats, tinted rear windows, Milltek exhaust and sports cat - came to £60 more a year. I am probably a bit older than you though (30).

Do you live in Liberty City or something?

Tried confused.com?

best i have so far now is £769 with you drivers only insurance,,

im 24 years old, lol im from South Wales (Merthyr Tydfil - Near Cardiff & Swansea)

i would pay £500 a year but OMG near £800 is a bit steep

also as i been driving about 6 years 3 months, when they ask how long have i help my license do i say 6 years or 7

£800 doesn't sound to bad for a youngster like yourself :grin: :grin: :grin:,

I just got a quote for mine which is due soon and my best price is £215 but I'm an old fart (45) and it's a second car so on a limited milage (3000 pa) policy.

Count yourself lucky, my son (21) pays a little over £3000 (yes, THREE THOUSAND!!!) a year for insurance for his Saxo VTS!!! the car only cost him £750

PhilLew said:
I just got a quote for mine which is due soon and my best price is £215 but I'm an old fart (45) and it's a second car so on a limited milage (3000 pa) policy.

Now you just making me jealous :p LOL. i had a Vts nice and quick but my god them pedals are so close together - try driving a saxo in work boots :p

shane-23 said:
Now you just making me jealous :p LOL.

Well I'll not tell you that my MGF 1.8 vvc only cost me £165 to insure and it's 145bhp and group 14 insurance!!! the advantages of being old :grin: :grin: :grin:

I thought i never say it, cant wait till im old and grey (not refering to you :roll: ) LOL

I'm 30 and mine which is a 1.7 frp replica and cat d cost £350 fully comp, inc breakdown cover from http://www.graham-sykes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, give them a try :)

Just had my insurance come up for renewal, mine is only a 1.4 but got all my mods declared all in £600 and im only 19 so didnt think that was too bad

£1074 is mad for 6 years driving etc , Im 21 with 3 years no claims , no points or anything on a 1.7 puma with a few cosmetic mods and it costs me £800 :grin:

still searching, best i got is £800'ish... £130 deposit and then £74 a month

Hi, have you tried swift cover or hastings, the area you live in makes a big difference on insurance!
Im in the south east (not london) an paying £580 fully comp on a 1.7 (26yr old with 3 yrs no claims) The mrs is paying £440 (also 26yrs old but 8yrs no claims!)

I tend not to use the comparision sites as you'll usually pay more than if you go direct. Happy hunting!

hi,

do graham skyes do a online quote or have i got to do it over the phone.

also the £800 quote is with CIS

just done it online they stated they will call me, :roll:

anyway of seeing my price online as looking to insure it by today

Back