Just been and viewed this... In two minds.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimfrp88

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281522316492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Viewed it in the dark (although I had a torch). I know I shouldn't have but tonight was my only opportunity.
I gave it a quick look over and found the following issues.

Usual rotten arches.
Tyres are ok-ish.
1 alloy heavily scuffed/kerbed.
Remote locking picks and chooses when it wants to work.
Various welding required for MOT.
Rear wheel bearing needs changing.
No service history/no evidence of a cam belt change.
1 key.
Front spring snapped.
Engine oil leak.
CV boots looked on their last legs.
Wishbones looked original so will probably need changing along with the top mounts/ARB etc.
Metal brake pipes weren't rotten but will need changing in the near future.
Needs front discs and pads.
Alternator belt needs replacing along with a full-service.
No oil in the engine before I topped it up.. but it did run sweet.
Front bumper needs painting
And it needs a ruddy good clean!

That's all from literally a quick 10 minute inspection.

I was thinking about getting it to repair but that list seems very long and I fear it will only get bigger :-(

I spotted this one.
Being a thunder its dying to be saved.
But with no history it will never command top dollar.
its one for an enthusiast to keep, to buy do up and sell you'd barely break even.
save a hundred headaches and find one that at least has a long MOT on it.

With that list of repairs it does make my virtually mint thunder look underpriced at £900 :lol:

In my opinion it's only worth breaking for parts (What's useable).. Shame though :-(

If it was only a few jobs that needed doing I would've considered it

My thoughts exactly jim.
Very sad to see the ltd editions going to the crusher
This is why good uns are likely to appreciate in value over time.
The parts from this one may keep another on the road..

jimfrp88 said:
It's junk, Jim, but not as we know it. Plus...with 23 hours to go, that'll go for around £460 in the end.

The no oil in the engine was trying to tell you how well the owner treated it. ;)

Pity Dai's Thunder is silver and I loathe silver, otherwise he could drive that down and I'd have it unseen as a second Puma. 2001 Puma with that spec and provenance for ovno 900 notes? Like when buying art, provenance is everything.

I hate seeing nice cars like this go to waste.. at the minute my heart is ruling my head.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it just needs way too much money throwing at it.. Otherwise I would've loved to have spent the winter fixing it up and making it mint again :'(

Done a bit of 'totting up'...this is just an approximate of the parts with me doing the labour, not to mention any unnoticed issues.
I estimate to get it through the MOT and up to a presentable standard I estimated about £550-£600 ish needs spending on it :oops:

Frank said:
jimfrp88 said:
...Pity Dai's Thunder is silver and I loathe silver, otherwise he could drive that down and I'd have it unseen as a second Puma. 2001 Puma with that spec and provenance for ovno 900 notes? Like when buying art, provenance is everything.

Who is Dai? Some welsh bloke?

:lol:

Decided not to go for this in the end.. Plus it sold for way over what I was prepared to pay for it.

The seller has since sent me a copy of the failure sheet... highlighting more money that would've needed spending on it :-(

It's a shame.. was a nice car and would've been a minter again once repaired, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to ££££

I know... if someone has bought it to repair, I hope they have plenty of dosh.

Latest posts

Back