Just renewed with Adrian Flux

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickydink

Ok so Tesco gave me a renewal quote of about £550 meaning thats only rughly 50quid off last years and that wasnt even confirming mods.

I rung Adrian Flux and as i have 5 years no claims i have got it at £276! Woo!! Up yours Tesco! Rip off merchants!!

Been looking at ways of reducing outgoings and hopefully this will really help! :) Bout £35 a month. Next year i will probably pay the full years, just couldnt aford to do it at mo withb Rhys 21st and Christmas.

Thumbs up Adrian Flux. Took me all of about 2mins to get through to them aswell unlik Tesco sometimes who take aaaaages, im sure Adrian Flux will have their moments at taking a while to answer but you would expect that at these wicked prices! :)

Thats bloody cheap, well done! Flux came to the rescue for me this year too, at least £250 cheaper than anyone else, with great benefits too. The guy said when im 25 it will go down again by a fair old bit.

I'd like to go with Flux, but I chose HIC (their sister company) simply because they give me an agreed value (not market value) and full salvage rights in the event of a total loss... both being necessary for a heavily modded car.

how are you getting 'monthly' prices; i was only ever offered '4 instalments'....which is crippling on the run up to xmas!

jacko said:
how are you getting 'monthly' prices; i was only ever offered '4 instalments'....which is crippling on the run up to xmas!

Perhaps Flux are reading this forum and seeing that her attitude towards her own safety is a bit more considered than yours?

Insurance companies don't like big payouts for personal injury claims, fact.

The best I have so far is £1673 from Quinn, my current insurer. Thats on fully comp with 2-years NCB.

Due in 2 weeks so I don't have long to think about it!

oh dear...mine is after mentioning both this forum and the other one :)
Was pleased when i realised i had 5 years :)

I am 23 so when im 25 maybe they will give me it free? :) HAHA! DReeeeeeeaaaaam oooon!!

Just realised too that my last payent is July so i have August, september and october free of paying car insurance! Woo!! Good when i am planning on getting my own place a few months before! :)

BOK said:
Perhaps Flux are reading this forum and seeing that her attitude towards her own safety is a bit more considered than yours?

I wonder how much of that is actually happening these days???

For example i bet they could make loads of money by "loading" the premiums of everyone who went round the track at ford fair for example! or by monitoring the forum "meet" sections and penalising everyone who went on a "driving" meet rather than a static one.

Do they have a blacklist of people who automatically get charged more????

I do wonder how much extra my insurance would cost if i declared i was unemployed!!! :-D

Not directly related, but both EA (evil computer games company) and disney (just plain evil) got into trouble a while back for altering their own pages in wikipedia to make certain incidents look more favorable to themselves.

warrenpenalver said:
BOK said:

I wonder how much of that is actually happening these days???

For example i bet they could make loads of money by "loading" the premiums of everyone who went round the track at ford fair for example! or by monitoring the forum "meet" sections and penalising everyone who went on a "driving" meet rather than a static one.

Do they have a blacklist of people who automatically get charged more????

I do wonder how much extra my insurance would cost if i declared i was unemployed!!! :-D

Hi,

I can hand on heart say that i'm here to help we are not here to look or judge how people drive or use their cars at the end of the day the car is your's to do what you wish with it.
Insurance is to make sure you're legal and to cover yourself and other's.

It is up to you to declare everything when you are getting insurance or if your situation changes.
Dan.

Back