led update and opinions needed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueangel

Ok well i have the light units apart and i have to be honest they are the cheapest looking light units i have ever seen and the nasty black plastic insides are horrible.
So upon seeing this i have rubbed them down primered them and flatted them and then given them a coat of ford ash black metalic paint which makes them look a whole heap better.
026.jpg

now i have the pcbs cut and sprayed ready in the same Ash black metalic and im ready to start drilling the design of the leds.
What do owners think would look better multiple led's in rings like.
042.jpg

or the cleaner look of twin rings like these.
3.jpg

or i could also do the star design
ledlights004-2.jpg

Also would you rather have the reflector in the lights or keep the lights dark and mount the reflector on the car.
I really need your feedback on these questions so i can build the type of lights you guys would like.
ric

definately and improvement...

i prefer the stars.. thats my opinion....

thats what i need guys i need opinions i can build any type but for the trial ones i want to build the most wanted design

How about for the stop/tail light, a circle around the outside for normal lights then the middle lights up for braking?

i like the halo design myself but what do you guys think about the reflector do i leave it out or put one in

The reflector in the lights is the only one the Puma has got at the rear, so I would say leave it in, as most people would not want the hassle of having to mount another reflector elsewhere.

ok well ive started to build the halo design now and im also having to mount the leds at an angle as the lenses dont sit facing backwards likke the supra's lights

I'll have some new pix up tonight and hopefully some working photo's within a couple of days.
ric

yeh the halo ones a deffo the best, suits the lights better and just looks neater and smarter.

Cant wait to see how these actually look when i lend you my pooma as the test car!

not long now just gotta get them soldered up now and we should have a working light

new pix
before the led's were added a sneak preview of what they will look like.
002.jpg

[/img]
004.jpg

003.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts

Back