Leftover plugs , where do they go ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubz

Can anyone give me an idea where these plugs go ? just done a puma conversion into my mk5 zs and these plugs are left over , and i cant find anywhere else to plug them in... Iv been told the square-ish one could be a lambda, but i always thought the lambdas had green or blue plugs....

Thanks!

Would that have been on the air-con pipes/rad ? as iv taken all that off...

There is one one the air-con pipe to sense pressure, so it knows if the pressure is too low and shuts off the pump. It's possible that the third one is left because the FZS has two lambdas and the 1.7 you've got is an early style with just one sensor. I can't tell but seeing as you have a tubular fanimold i'm guessing that's the case.

Thanks TG

The other plugs for air-con are also red to be fair... so maybe that red 8 pin one is un-used and can be cut off along with the other air-con plugs ??

Yeah its an early lambda i believe but wasnt very sure... Would this have to be plugged into the top of the manifold or the bottom on the bend ? ( would that also mean id have to buy an early lambda to connect to this + the manifold ?

Chubz said:
...so maybe that red 8 pin one is un-used and can be cut off along with the other air-con plugs ??
Blanking off any unused connectors is always far better than cutting them off.

Chubz said:
Thanks TG

The other plugs for air-con are also red to be fair... so maybe that red 8 pin one is un-used and can be cut off along with the other air-con plugs ??

Yeah its an early lambda i believe but wasnt very sure... Would this have to be plugged into the top of the manifold or the bottom on the bend ? ( would that also mean id have to buy an early lambda to connect to this + the manifold ?
I don't know much, or anything, about the air-con plugs so my help ends here.

As for the lambdas, many 4 branch manis have a hold for them down where the tubes all become one, meaning one has to extend the wire for single sensor cars and do some fiddling for two sensor cars. The later cars had one after the cat as well as before, so that if the readings were different it could adjust fueling - known as narrowband, and all it does is sense a difference, not actual values. Single lambda cars have wideband sensing, which actually detects the air-fuel ratio pre-cat and adjusts fueling based on figures, so some would say it's 'better' as it properly reads the emissions.

But that could all be late night ramblings of a man who's getting confused with an entirely different emission control system :lol:

But, again, as long as you get a sensor with the right amount of wires as the plug then you'll be set. The sensor fitting is the same for every car so it'll just screw in.

How would i blank them off Frank ? cut them ? lol

Thanks TG, i have only just rememberd about this now iv come across more unplugged plugs :(

The early lambda does go into the 1 part of the 421 lol.. iv just noticed i do have one of these on the manifold, but its been welded up for some reason, so ill have to drill all that out, and re-thread it and get myself an early single lambda.

I still havnt managed to plug the plugs in yet, cant seem to find where they go, think im being a bit dumb or they dont go anywhere !

The first one i believe is air-con ? if so, i can get that hidden away.... still confused about the oval red plug.... cannot find a single place to plug it into.... and now iv got these ones missing... theres a small square white plug behind the dipstick iv got nothing to plug into it.... and another one i think just below the thermo housing, another small white plug.. ill try an upload a video , but if anyone can help me without it while i figure out how to upload it, lol that;d be great :)

Thanks guys

Can anyone tell me how i couldupload a video ?

someone has told me i have the wrong crank sensor loom... im not a very knowledgable guy when it comes to engines and engine parts, so i dont have a scooby what hes on about lol

Chubz said:
How would i blank them off Frank ? cut them ? lol
Er, you use some electrical tape. It's pretty basic stuff.

Apart from never knowing if you might need the connectors again, cutting them off exposes the wires which can then short out or cause electrical problems.

thats what i would have done if i cut them off.... i wouldnt have just left the bare wires hanging there

Ill just tuck it somewhere or cable tie it to something if i dont need a certain plug./ac

i have a white plug under/on thermo housing, nothing to plug into it
another white plug behind the dipstick , and nothing to plug into it.

whoever said puma conversions were simple were talking our their ar*e lol

Latest posts

Back