manifold help please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_puma

Can anyone tell me how to fit a manifold and how hard is it? My cats gone kaput so I've had to get a Sportex de cat manifold. How much would a garage charge? Do i unbolt it from the front of the engine?

Typing on my phone or i'd do a bit of research.

Cheers

I left the puma on my work carpark in dudley, didn't wanna drive it after the engine light came on and it felt sluggish around 50mph (It came on whilst i was on the M'way)

The fault code is Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1) [P0420]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sportex-Ford-Puma-4-branch-manifold-de-cat-1-7i-98-01-/280731875006?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3APuma&hash=item415cec76be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why would i need a grinder tom? For any bolts that wont undo?

Also do i need to take anything else off the car to get to the manifold and/or uplug anything?

The grinder is for the possibility of cutting the after cat to middle section bolts off, they can be an absolute bitch to undo and some times it's easier to cut the off instead of undoing them, Hope your feeling strong if you can't get a grinder.

I would take the heat sheild off first, it'll be easier to undo the manifold bolts that way.

Also, as daft as this sounds, tighten the nuts and bolts up before you try to undo them, you should hear them 'crack' when you do them up, then they will be easier to undo

Back