Millie gets a pre-winter clean and wax

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie

Chris showing the pictures of his newly clayed/polished/waxed MR2 definitely made me think that I'd best get the Millie's paintwork protected against the winter roads.

A basic wash and dry, then we attacked her with the Megs #1 painter cleaner. A bit gentler than the T-Cut we had to use on her when I got her last year.
Then we treated her with her Poorboys Polish and Sealant. It fetched some more of the oxidised paint that the Megs #1 had missed, but leaves a lovely smooth and soft finish.
Finally we finished with Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s). It's only the second time we've used it, as it's lasted a whole year, and the water has only just stopped beading on her.

The photos don't really do her justice, as it was getting a bit cloudy, and you can't see so much of the shine. Plus it's a bloody awkward colour to photograph!

(click for full size pictures)

Couldn't have got it all done in one day without Dal. He was applying the cleaner/polish/wax and I was buffing off. :wub:

looking good :)

Probs give mine a good going over.... wash wax etc after the Sheffield meet! :D

It's a right pain of a colour to photograph!

She does look really shiny though (the car, not Cherie.. although she is quite shiny ;) ) so will only need a quick wipe down for the Sheffield meet next week.

That 476 wax is amazing stuff. I'll have to get around to cleaning mine at some point.

very nice cherie!

help me do mine please lol :p

I need to get some serious products i think...

whats the point in protecting my shocking paintwork though.. lol

Oooo shiny Millie! :)

Looks fab. I should really think about winter for my old boy...does the Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s) protect well after salty gritty road use?

Damn gritters slow me down loads - funnily enough im quick in ice and snow - but hate chips (latter rust) caused by the salty matter so crawl everywhere!

nippydee said:
.does the Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s) protect well after salty gritty road use?

I used that on my MR2 the other month during its winter prep, heard great things about it, one of the best for protecting it over winter apparently so go for it.

Looking really great Cherie! If the photos don't do her justice she must look fantastic a bit closer :)

I think I'll be giving mine a detail before the winter too, after it's pre-winter service which I'll be doing soon.

Won't need much doing though I don't think, thanks to Andy :D

Looks very nice indeed, Cherie, so clean and tidy :)

Good work :D

Back