Minor glitches

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterSmith

Hello. I have a couple of minor breakages and niggles that I need to repair on my Melina Blue 1.7:

- The plastic hook thingies that hold the parcel shelf to the boot lid. Is there anywhere online that I can buy them?

- The plastic studs that hold the rubber valance just under the front bumper are all knackered. Anywhere online I can get these?

- My CD player (6 CD changer, in the boot) has stopped working. Gives this message:
CDerror.jpg

Can anyone advise me about how to fix this?

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-PUMA-RACING-PARCEL-SHELF-CLIPS-BRAND-NEW-/320984638313?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma&hash=item4abc2ce369

What plastic studs for the lower bumper rubber? the side ones are intergrated to the bumper itself, and the centre.. buy some small black bolts.

Thanks for the link, Flying Scotsman.

Re. plastic studs, here's photo of the rubber valance just below front bumper:
DSCN0726.jpg

Close up:
DSCN0724.jpg

And here's a shot of one of the knackered plastic studs:
DSCN0727.jpg

(Note to self: time to clean the car!)

I used short roofing bolts and just paint them black.... anything with a large flat head will work.

The "studs" are called Trim Clips on ebay, loadsa different types available.
This for instance http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIM-CLIPS-X-10-FOR-FORD-5R3Z-54310D12-AAA-/290628603624?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43aad08ee8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH

Nick

Talking of glitches: coming home tonight, with heater turned up to about 30%, fan set to no. 2, starts puffing out heat at maximum! Nearly roasted. Turned it down to minimum, but heater continued at max.

It's never done this before, ever!!

Why would this happen? How do I fix this?

:?

Sounds like your HCV

Here's a guide how to change it http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That or the control panel. Mine's been pretty random lately!

I think I saw somewhere that it's possible to clean up the contacts within the control panel but can't for the life of me find it!

Wasn't this a thread about someone stripping and reparing a HCV and cleaning the contacts on the HCV ?

may be wrong though

Hi it was me that stripped the hcv down, just need to take it all apart, and clean the impelors and internal casings (tooth brush, kitchen towel, washing up liquid and a little Carb cleaner) also make sure you clean the plunger that switches the valve hot to cold, I gave mine a spray with wd40 to ensure it was nice and Slippy. Give it a go the worst that can happen is it does not work for you and you waste an hour of your life lol, mine has been fine now for a couple of months.
Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Regards shane

Shanosburgess said:
Give it a go the worst that can happen is it does not work for you and you waste an hour of your life lol, mine has been fine now for a couple of months.
Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Regards shane

I will! Maybe at the weekend. Watch this space! :)

Back