New here and new owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benton1576

Hello

I bought a puma 1.7 16v yesterday. Its totally standard, but sounds like a beast (in a good way). Is this normal?

It does appear to have the bonnet mis aligned, and has a lot of rust, but for 500 nicker I cant complain.

Any tips on these fantastic little motors is much appreciated, especially with the bonnet issue. It seems as though one side is sat over the light, the other side is a little short and you can see the rubber around the light.

Many thanks

Hi welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

I think you'll find you just need to unbolt the bonnet, shift it over slightly, then bolt it up again.. theres always abit of play with the bolt holes until its secured nice and tight so it may just need shifting back over a bit

Any questions or issues, feel free to ask, or we do have a search button in the top menu bar.

There's a lot of useful information on here and everyone is always happy to help in someway or another

Enjoy :thumbs:

Welcome aboard :thumbs:
As far as noise goes I find standard Pumas pretty dam quiet. Perhaps yours has some sports exhaust or backbox fitted. Or perhaps its had some non standard air filter fitted or it has a leaking exhaust.

Brilliant, thanks, Ill take a look tomorrow if I get the chance.

Sparx said:
Hi welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

I think you'll find you just need to unbolt the bonnet, shift it over slightly, then bolt it up again.. theres always abit of play with the bolt holes until its secured nice and tight so it may just need shifting back over a bit

Any questions or issues, feel free to ask, or we do have a search button in the top menu bar.

There's a lot of useful information on here and everyone is always happy to help in someway or another

Enjoy :thumbs:

quest63 said:
Welcome aboard :thumbs:
As far as noise goes I find standard Pumas pretty dam quiet. Perhaps yours has some sports exhaust or backbox fitted. Or perhaps its had some non standard air filter fitted or it has a leaking exhaust.

It was from a lady owner and doesnt appear to have any mods on it at all. Ill have a closer look at some point. It definately doesnt have a leaking exhaust as its is really quiet when idling and until you give it some throttle and get the revs up, then it sounds like a ferrari! lol

Back