OIL!! OIL! AND MORE OIL!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandycheeks

Why oh why oh why..... Is my puma still leaking oil.... really have lost all faith in this car! Sorry I am just a bit fed up! :-(

If you are wondering why, I have had:-

Head gasket done
Rocker Cover Gasket done
Water Pump done

Can it be the rocker cover gasket again?

I don't need a sat nav I just follow the oil trail it takes me right home!!!

Yes, you'll need to take the cambelt off and remove the crankshaft pulley to replace the seal.

It is on the right side of a car (in your case, drivers side). Where there is a belt that drives alternator and A/C compressor. There should be a leak if crankshaft seal has gone south

Was the rocker gasket a genuine Ford one? The aftermarket one's often need sealent otherwise they leak. The Ford one's are are better fit.

Agree with the above, the rocker cover is notorious for leaking even when fitted by a so called 'expert' (i.e a mechanic).

My aftermarket one never leaked for a while but it did eventually and a decent amount of sealant cured it for good. Because it was ok for a bit I started thinking about other areas but decided to do it 'properly' myself the second time and all was good.

Hope yours is the same as I know how infuriating a leak can be no matter how bad it is. :eek:k:

Don't they just leak anyway? I thought that was a thing.

You could try dumping in thicker oil, or that seal rejuvenation stuff, it worked a treat on mine.

I've change my rocker gasket 7 times in probably just as many months...The last time I changed it I caked it in sealant and I haven't had a drop of oil since, you should probably stay thinking it is the rocker gasket because it probably is.

Even when the garage replaced it...it leaked days after, so save your money and do it yourself, that way...you can take your time and get it right, as a mechanic will just bish bash bosh.

There's a guide on here showing you how to do it, pretty simple sh!t.

Back