Rear bushes change - same as Fiesta/Haynes?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67911121km

Bought a copy of the MK4 Fiesta Haynes manual as suggested, now I'm reading up on replacing the rear bushes. Is the procedure for doing this on the Puma exactly the same as the Fiesta?

My only concern is raising the rear end, Haynes says put the car up on axle stands, but surely this will prevent me from lowering the beam (supported by a jack) when I've undone the bolts holding the trailing arms to the brackets?

All help appreciated.

yes mate i think so seeing its wot the puma was based on in fact i think its the same as the mk3 fiesta :grin:

You need to put the stands under the sills at the rear jacking points. This means you have to raise the car with the jack on the beam, which is not really ideal but if you use a good chunk of timber as a load spreader and take it easy its OK.

Thanks for the replies guys...

JonB, that makes sense, thank you... Good job I didn't follow the Haynes book because it says to refer to the jacking and support guide - which shows the axle stand points on the trailing arms.

LOONEY said:
yes mate i think so seeing its wot the puma was based on in fact i think its the same as the mk3 fiesta :grin:

Mk4/5 fiesta, not 3.

;)

No need to be sorry! Just clarifying for future reference :D

Latest posts

Back