rear hub removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voa

I am trying to fit 20.5mm spacers to the rear of my puma. Had a go today following Scuba Steves excellent pictures on here.

I had one issue though once the four bolts have been released the rear hub doesn't seem to want to budge, it is a 2001 and has eye type shocks so has no spacer fitted.

Do they need a good bang to dislodge the hub because of rust? I have left it soaking overnight with wd40 to see if this makes a difference tomorrow?

Ok cheers for that hopefully wd40 would have helped overnight

Tried again this morning and even soaking it overnight and giving it a good whack I couldn't get it to budge so will leave this until I get time.

Have a look in the 'how to' section as I'm pretty sure there should be some pics of people removing them when putting spacers on - Scubasteve rings a bell - as there may be something I don't know about that needs taking off before you can throw a hammer at it....lol.

Ack - read your first post again and you already did....pmsl.

Only one thing for it buddy.........

A BIGGER HAMMER!!! :happee:

yeah really cheesed me off as I was wacking away with my small hammer and it didn't budge so gave up as the sun outside was more attractive then sitting there wacking a hub with a hammer :grin:

Back