rear seat removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puman Being

could anyone,please tell me how to remove the base of the rear seat.
I can see what looks like the bars which form the base of the seat going into the floor of the car itself.
ive pressed,wriggled and rattled it around and it won't budge,cant see any release catch or buttons etc
please explain it to me like im an idiot :)
cheers :D

On the case... Doesn't need unscrewing anything ;)

(Uploading photo's ;) )

There are 3 mounting points for the rear seat base. 2 are located where the arrows are on the photo below:

rearbenchlugs.jpg

And a copper hook as viewed from the boot area:
rearbenchclip2.jpg

Closer:
rearbenchclip-1.jpg

To Get it out, grab hold of the corner of the seats near the red arrows above and pull sharply upwards. The 2 copper clips will have now come out the plastic securing clips, near the rear speakers.
Now lower the upright part of the seat, so it is facing slightly forward, towards the front of the car. As you can see from the second picture above, there is a hook. The rear base now needs to be pushed backwards towards the rear of the car to 'unhook' the copper hook. (You lower the upright as this then gives you some vertical space to push the seat back and allow the copper hook to come out)

When you've pushed the seat back enough, (helps to have someone looking from the boot end telling you when your there) the base should just come straight out.

Any problems and I'll do it at the weekend and take more photos

Bloody hell Dal you really are a Guru!!

ACE

That has been getting on my tits this morning for a good couple of hours,
fitting some seat covers became a saga

Big big thanks for that :grin:

Gonna go and have another go now

cheers :wink:

Still couldnt get the side up which i was having a go at earlier this morning,stuck solid
However it worked on the other side,giving me just enough room to get the cover fitted,so job done!
cheers :eek:k:

Good good!

:eek:k:

We'll need a pick of the covers in place now ;)

For sure, sounds interesting.. I bet that stuck side would budge with some WD40 lol another use to add to the list i reckon!

Dal said:
Good good!

We'll need a pick of the covers in place now ;)

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

covers look better in the flesh,as they have bedded more in to the bucket shape of the seats,

the silver contrasts really well on a silver car

The clips supplied with the seats were daft though!

nothing pliers couldnt sort :twisted:

ps ..the blue base in the 1st pic is our young'uns booster seat

Do they fit nice and snugly? Back ones too?

They do now that they have been "worn in"
they sure look better than the dated patterned seats which were in before :)

Back