rev counter needle on the wrong side of stopper pin

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hienma

Hi all

first message here. I was trying to start my Puma yesterday that had stood still for a couple of weeks. Battery is somewhat old and losing its charge slowly. Car tried to start for a second or two but after that there was not enough current and just click-click-click.

Don't know if the car was trying to do a cluster sweep or something in the beginning but after losing current the needles just kept sweeping clockwise. Now the rev needle is "spun over" on the wrong side of the stopper pin! It still works though because when electrics are turned on with a charged battery the needle moves to touch the stopper pin rapidly.

Tried to make the car do a cluster sweep with instructions found from this forum but couldn't get it done.

The car is manufactured 1/2001 and is LHD if it has any meaning. Thanks for the replies in advance.

After standing with a low battery needles always do a sweep when you start it but if the rev counter has jumped the pin I dont see how you can get it back on the right side without a bit of dismantling. Somebody on here might have a trick.
My concern would be whether or not it will damage the rev counter itself with the needle stuck where it is.

keep starting and turning it off and eventually the dials will sweep if the battery is low, this will bring it back. had this happen to me a few times while suffering some electrical gremlins

alexwilliams840 said:
[post]359252[/post] keep starting and turning it off and eventually the dials will sweep if the battery is low, this will bring it back. had this happen to me a few times while suffering some electrical gremlins

Thanks mate, that worked out fine. had to drain the battery a bit first because I just charged it :grin: Seems like its junk anyway so I'm off to a battery store.

Back