Rolling Road Day! - AmD - Thurrock, Essex

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you don't mind Neil, but I've updated the first thread with the names of people that have said they'd like to come along with the car they'll bring. At least it might help us to put faces to names on the day. :eek:k:

Dal on the list the two names next to mine- chris and dan are the two friends im bringing-
Chris- honda integra dc2 type r
Dan- mgzs turbo (big red)

Dal said:
Hope you don't mind Neil, but I've updated the first thread with the names of people that have said they'd like to come along with the car they'll bring. At least it might help us to put faces to names on the day. :eek:k:

Cheers Dal, update away! Appreciate it.

grayfox said:
ESJL said:
Hi I am new to this Forum (only just got a Puma Thunder) I would love to come along to this if its okay :grin:

This is the first meet I've ever organised mate, they'll be a lot of faces I don't know and the more the better (esp pumas)

Please remember though everyone that a RR really pushes your car to the limit so please ensure its up to the job best you can.
I can't be held responsible if anything goes POP!

Just had front lower arms and rear bushes done, need new tires on the back sometime soon but this won't be a prob will it (good tires on the front)? will get oil and filter change before I come.

Other than that the car in good condition you can definitely put my name down.

Can you delete numbers 2 and 3 please as you have written their names down twice, chris and dan so it looks like im
Bringing 4 people!

Sorry guys but we won't be able to make it to this anymore! The car won't be ready at all so can you take my name off the list!

Hope you all have a good day though chaps.

I've added a couple more from the TT forum. So far all the ones that are signing up are MK2 TTs, mine is the only MK1 :(

Looking more like a TT meet than a Puma one.. :pinkeye:

No need to be sorry silly :wub:

Is there still an option for the BBQ or has that ship sailed as we couldn't confirm in time?

Scrub that - found this:

grayfox said:
I called Ben@amd today to make sure this was still all go which it is, one thing he mentioned was to provide a fairly accurate number of cars by the 26th Jan, this is so they know whether to book the guy who runs the BBQ or not.

I assume people don't want to be paying an extra £10 for a burger/sausage or two if 20 cars don't end up coming?

How can anyone guarantee everyone will turn up? As we've 20 cars on the list, then surely that's good enough?

I know I'm not coming and by all means ignore this post. All other forums i have seen organise a Rolling Road day have always taken a deposit as a lot of people will always say they will turn up and you normally end up short on the day.

Hmm bit late to start collecting money from people, and as they said they didn't require one I was about to go pocking people cash.

Most important thing is we've got at least 10 coming, its likely they'll have a guy on stand-by (as it is) so if more than 20 turn up it can go ahead, I'm going to tell them under 20 and we're not interested in the extra £10 each if over 15 attend for the BBQ as its just not worth it plus I wouldn't chip in anyway and I sure others wouldn't either!

Oh and I've drummed up a fair bit of interest over on the puma track car facebook group now I've created an event. Why I didn't do that the first time round I don't know.

grayfox said:
Hmm bit late to start collecting money from people, and as they said they didn't require one I was about to go pocking people cash.

Most important thing is we've got at least 10 coming, its likely they'll have a guy on stand-by (as it is) so if more than 20 turn up it can go ahead, I'm going to tell them under 20 and we're not interested in the extra £10 each if over 15 attend for the BBQ as its just not worth it plus I wouldn't chip in anyway and I sure others wouldn't either!

Might as well send them the list of 21. But if the BBQ chap can turn up on the day then fair enough. The risk is always that people don't turn up leaving us with a £45 bill not £35 which won't go down very well on either side.

You can always go to the lunch box in the B&Q car park for a bite to eat. Found myself at the counter far too often when over there.

Latest posts

Back