spacers help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voa

I can't decide between running 12 mm or 20 mm rear spacers on my 2001 puma. It is being built as a track day car and runs 15 inch team dynamics 1.2 and is lowered about 40 mm with gmax suspension at the moment.

Do you think running 20mm spaces would give me handling improvements on the track or would i need to increase the track of the front as well?

I think with the 15 inch wheels and running drums at the back I should be ok with 20mm spacers but would like some advice

To be honest with how well the Puma is at turning in, I would suggest 20mm spacers would be sufficient, only probably with using anything larger is that the back end may become a little playful and easier to slide, which of course with a track car is not to be preferred (in most cases). If the front was wider then this might not be such an issue but as it is staying standard width I should think 20mm would be just about right.

Hope this helps

David

Back