spacers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d170sam

I run 25mm spacers on the front and 30mm on the back :) they bolt to the hub though and have new studs in them, I don't have a prob and I drive mine hard, also mine are more to correct my offset on my wheels as they are et45

As far as hub centric spacers go I wouldn't go more than 5mm on front, you can go crazy on the rear, just get longer studs for anything over 5mm, don't put spacers behind your disks, its a bad idea!

Well it would mean making spacers for your calipers which would be a bad idea, it sounds real dodgy doing it that way, it would be fine if your car was a museum piece and never went anywhere!

You could try different wheels with more offset so you could lose the spacers alltogether. Just a thought :)
Barry

Correct me if im wrong,but if your putting a spacer between hub and disc,your going to need longer driveshafts aswell,tbh totally stupid idea,which is why its never been done.

By the way... putting 20mm behind the discs instead of on the front, thus requiring to make caliper brackets just for this purpose seems pointless. It does nothing but create more weak stress points.

Flying Scotsman said:
d170sam said:
don't put spacers behind your disks, its a bad idea!

I intend on putting some 5mm behind my discs and 20mm on the discs for a 325mm brake setup.

That set up is a little different thought because it makes the disk fit central to the brembo caliper, I didn't need them on mine but I have heard some do need a 2-3mm spacer

d170sam said:
Flying Scotsman said:
d170sam said:
don't put spacers behind your disks, its a bad idea!

I intend on putting some 5mm behind my discs and 20mm on the discs for a 325mm brake setup.

That set up is a little different thought because it makes the disk fit central to the brembo caliper, I didn't need them on mine but I have heard some do need a 2-3mm spacer

Im going to be using my Alcons not Brembo

I run 25mm front spacers bolted to the hubs, 30mm rear axle spacers and 30mm rear spacers bolted to the hub, all on FRP drive shafts, custom wishbones and focus track rods, although my wheels only stick out at the front 8mm more than the standard FRP, and 23mm at the rear

d170sam said:
I run 25mm front spacers bolted to the hubs, 30mm rear axle spacers and 30mm rear spacers bolted to the hub, all on FRP drive shafts, custom wishbones and focus track rods, although my wheels only stick out at the front 8mm more than the standard FRP, and 23mm at the rear

Just be careful with those rear wheel spacers Sam

You can put axle spacers and wheel spacers in I think the rear can b 40ml axle and 30ml wheels so 70ml in total and the front I think is 30ml axle and 30 front so 60 in total I may b wrong but I'm pretty sure you can do a variation between 10-70 ish

Sisangster said:
You can put axle spacers and wheel spacers in I think the rear can b 40ml axle and 30ml wheels so 70ml in total and the front I think is 30ml axle and 30 front so 60 in total I may b wrong but I'm pretty sure you can do a variation between 10-70 ish

Since the front doesn't have an axle... i'd say youre wrong..
Topped with big brakes youre looking at having like 100mm hub bolts... which is just stupid. Anyone who considers something like that deserves the wheel to snap off.

Back