ST

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice Pete :cool: Enjoying it?

Dal said:
Looks nice Pete, Enjoying it?

Cherie said:
Snap. Great minds think alike! :eek:k:

Liking it a lot Dal now i'm grabbing it by the scruff of the neck at times

Cherie how do you get 36mpg average, i've only managed to get up to 31.9mpg, but it's not dropping, think Shell unleaded is cleaning the engine out slowly.

Cherie drives it like it's a 1.25 95% of the time Pete.

;)

:p

My commute to work is 25 miles (ish*) each way, and I drive pretty steadily most days. Some B roads, some dual carriageway. Sometimes I end up sitting in traffic, but even then, it doesn't have that much of an adverse effect.

If you're trying for economy, fill up and reset the average MPG reading. Drive as steadily and smoothly as you can, and you can see how much your acceleration has an effect. I haven't changed my driving style from my puma, and my average in that was 42mpg. I do have days when I drive quickly, but more often than not, I'm content to plod.

*25 there, 22 on the way back as I take a different route in the morning to avoid getting stuck in stationary traffic.

Ah, mine just runs around town & an odd trip out which does it the world of good.

As the last owner lived near an Asda petrol station then i presume that's what it's been run on, Shell fuelsave unleaded is cleaning the engine out i hope, average mpg now 32.1 after a run to Southampton & back last night to see my Fiance, stuck in traffic on the way down, then had a hoon to Stockbridge via Romsey, then a quiet drive home afterwards, average speed varies, best so far was 36mph, lowest 19mph.

ST handles well, but cautious last night in the rain, roll on summer.

Really must get around to finding the STOC webpage, especially if it is anywhere near as good as the Puma forums.

There's two: http://www.fiestastoc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There's quite a few people who are one both, but I'm only on the first one so far, which is the one that is connected to the FocusSToc.com.

Back