still expensive for a nearly 25 year old

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem with common cars (i.e. repmobiles, such as the Mondo and Vectraaarghhh) is that they are more likely, statistically, to cost an insurer money because they will be driven by the most commonly high risk type of driver (taxi drivers, reps etc.).

Unfortunately, the way it works is such that the stereotype surely for insurers would be that the most common type of customer that would want a 2.5 mondeo would be:

Someone who wants to drive faster
Someone who bought it cheap, and thus it's not very likely to be well maintained.

This isn't necessarily facts, but just statistics and probabilities. There's a stereotype for every type of car and insurers don't have the resources to judge a driver based on anything other than high level facts.

They may also be a high number of 2.5 Mondeo related accidents/thefts/other claims in that post code, making it odds-on that a claim would be made.

Insurance is the same business as gambling at the end of the day

Put your mum or sister on as a named driver when i added my wife though the premium would go up, but dropped by £100

Back