Tempted? Read on

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmer69

Racing Puma with power mods but standard 1.7 brakes! How bleedin' ridiculous! Was almost tempted until I read that!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1659157.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And in doing that, robbed the car of one of it's best assets, and devalued it too.

Still, a good buy otherwise if you want to put some proper front brakes like some hispec or brembos anyway.

;)

Sounds like if he's unwilling to pay for the upkeep of the alcons, what's the rest of the car going to be like? It looks distinctly ropey to me.

The lower grille air intake looks lovely.

Not.

I read somewhere else that someone had considered putting standard Puma brakes on their FRP. Why? If you can't afford to service the brakes why buy the car?

You'd not pay £30k for an FRS and down grade the brakes from 300mm to 260mm because you couldnt afford the discs.

And that advert is bloody awful to read; i looked at that car this morning before reading this thread and never got that far down the ad as I couldnt be bother to try to keep the line I was on.

If I had the money I would!

I hate to see such a rare car abused like that, I can't agree more with red on the running costs thing, why would you buy a car like that and not maintain it as it should be?

£4800 is a lot of cash considering the poor state of the car.

Have to agree with what everyone is saying.

Way overpriced for a ropey looking seemingly unloved FRP. I've seen way many better things for that money and if anyone wanted the FRP I'm pretty damn sure they'd get a much better example for that price.

180bhp!!!!!!!!!!! bolox!!!!!!!!!!!!

this *&^$ been reading too much max power & def been taken in by a tuning company.....powerboost values DONT work and juries still out on the induction kit for me still.

may i remind people why most frp's come up for sale.....the brakes need fixing!!!!! he didnt do his research tho....pistons are now a tenner each, only thing i cant get made cheaply are the seals :-(

id buy that car and save it! its just the FRP im looking for :( something that needs saving for a price around what I can afford which now is FAK all after forking out for my standard one!

I will return! lol.

and for the record i would rip that power boost valve and induction kit CLEAN out! along with all the other CRAP mods!

jacko said:
180bhp!!!!!!!!!!! bolox!!!!!!!!!!!!

this *&^$ been reading too much max power & def been taken in by a tuning company.....powerboost values DONT work and juries still out on the induction kit for me still.

may i remind people why most frp's come up for sale.....the brakes need fixing!!!!! he didnt do his research tho....pistons are now a tenner each, only thing i cant get made cheaply are the seals :-(
i read and thought exactly the same 180bhp bolloxs

Latest posts

Back