Tremona are busy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumapilot

With my Kat........... 10 year service, cambelt change, MOT & investigate spongy brakes.

Drove to Tremona yesterday, left car there so engine could be cold for cambelt change today, no sooner got home then Richard was on the phone, spongy brakes caused by o/s shock absorber leaking over brake disc, causing pads to be wet, best to replace shocks/discs/pads both sides to ensure car brakes evenly, discs have been "advised" as being 'lipped' for the last 3-4 years running but not replaced as brake pads were not worn, front brake hoses were "advised" last year, all these have been replaced, then engine stripped down for cambelt change, and water pump was leaking, so thats been done too.

Got a call around half 3 this afternoon, Kat all done, sailed through MOT & collect Kat tomorrow.

Think my card wiil be burned, but i love my car so it's worth every penny :grin:

As annoying as it is to spend money on a car, it's always a nice feeling when you know it's all in tip-top shape.

:eek:k:

Money no object when it comes to my car.

If i ever love a woman that much - get your suit cleaned up

Like a new Puma :grin:

100.000 mile 10 year service, cambelt changed inc tensioner and bolts, aux belt and tensioner changed, along with rocker cover gasket, water pump found to be leaking and was replaced too, IMO re water pump being changed during cambelt change = if it aint broke then dont fix it

Additional work was: replace both front shock absorbers (Monroe), o/s shock leaked all over disc/pads, making brakes spongy, both shocks replaced to keep car geomety even when driving/braking, new brake discs and pads and a MOT test (passed) :yay:

Now the cost - £1192, including all parts, labour etc - dont tell me i can get it done cheaper elsewhere, you'll be wasting breath.

nice one Pete! :D bet your well chuffed!

mins in for full service and MOT with Martin an TG next week and is booked in with el dude for new suspension and brake service next month :D cant wait!

pumapilot said:
Like a new Puma :grin:

100.000 mile 10 year service, cambelt changed inc tensioner and bolts, aux belt and tensioner changed, along with rocker cover gasket, water pump found to be leaking and was replaced too, IMO re water pump being changed during cambelt change = if it aint broke then dont fix it

Additional work was: replace both front shock absorbers (Monroe), o/s shock leaked all over disc/pads, making brakes spongy, both shocks replaced to keep car geomety even when driving/braking, new brake discs and pads and a MOT test (passed) :yay:

Now the cost - £1192, including all parts, labour etc - dont tell me i can get it done cheaper elsewhere, you'll be wasting breath.
My milly cost £300 less than that to buy :roll:
If I thought my one would cost that much to be repaired.......I would break it.

Took me 10 years to get over the 1k repair/service bill.

I bit my lip when you mentioned Milly and breaking in the same sentance = why break a car that is a limited edition?

el dude said:
my thoughts exactly....

If you feel car maintenance is a waste of money, maybe a mountain bike would be a cheaper option...

:lol:
You guys are twisting things here.
I always pay to get my car serviced.
I said that there is no way I would pay £300 more then the car cost me to get it repaired.
Limited edition or not,we have to be realistic here.

at the end of the day it is Petes kat,and his money,and it is up to him what he does with them,and considering the amount of work he has done to his kat,it seems like it was worth the money and will give him another 10 more years service,and how many cars can you actually say give you a smile when your using it for the purpose it was designed.................

Latest posts

Back