Upgrade to ST150 discs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fairlight said:
My spare is a prop and needs a 3 mm spacer to clear the ST caliper. I found this out the hard way.....!

Do you have some other wheels then that dont require the spacers? if so what are they?

Ta

fairlight said:
My spare is a prop and needs a 3 mm spacer to clear the ST caliper. I found this out the hard way.....!

hi i just thought if you had a front flat dont worry take rear wheel off put spare on that and then rear wheel on front then you wont get stranded.
:thumbs: :p

Wild E. Coyote said:
Hi, guys!

This one is for you, Errol! You made this possible :grin:
(To all the rest: I wanted to buy a set of ST150 calipers, saw them on e-Bay and contacted Pumanoob to have a look at ad; he replied that the guy who was elling them lived 10 minutes down the road, went there and even lowered the price for them! Then he kept them at his place for two months or so until Croatia joined EU and then posted them to me. You have my eternal gratitude, mate!)

So, this was how they looked...

I had them sanded and they returned like this

I gave them respray in silver. It was only VHT colour I could find. After respray had them baked at 175C to make colour heat resistable

Getting them ready for installing

Put back together

Hubs cleared and given a respray with copper grease prior to installing (re)new(ed) calipers

Calipers getting there... Also, the spacer (stainless steel, 3mm thick) is in place to check it is OK

Discs really mean bussiness from this angle, don't they?

Caliper screwed to the brakeline

Everything in place with spacer on

Also the other side (without spacer)

Everything put on, looking sharp under the wheel :cool:

Having a good look, I would say the calipers might even get away without the spacers, but it is much safer this way. Also, had a look the other day at new fiesta in a showroom; the space between calipers and wheels is probably even smaller then this!

Since discs and pads are BRAND NEW, haven't given them anything out of ordinary stopping, but can feel additional stopping power already.

Also, few remarks. The bolts that came with the calipers are too long a bit; the ones that were on the car are just perfect.
Secondly, the pads I got are original and on the box they had a sticker saying: focus ST170. I guess that means they are indetical for fiesta ST150 and focus ST170. Might be handy for someone someday.....

BTW, also changed rear beam bushes and it is quite an improvement. The ride is quieter, the rear end is steadier in long curves... The car just got better and keeps doing it all the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

just seen some ford fiesta st rs turbo st200 300mm brake caliper conversion on ebay that says you will need 300mm st 170 4stud discs do you think they would be hard to fit on the puma as am considering getting this thankyou as you said st 150 and st 170 should be the same might get them anyway and try them thankyou

jason

:roll:

The 300mm is a popular conversion, but you will need 16" wheels or fairly big spacers for 15" alloys (steels will not fit at all). You need Focus ST170 discs (four stud) and either ST170 calipers (will need to drill hubs) or Mondeo Si calipers which bolt straight on - i have the Mondy/Focus hybrid and all is good. Did it about 3 years ago i think and no probs since.

Also you'll need the early style black brake servo as the newer silver one isn't man enough to operate the brakes properly and you won't gain any stopping power.

Latest posts

Back