Whats this?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

The yellow cable type thing (very technical I know!). It's quite obvious to see when looking at the car in profile. It can't be pushed up to conceal it either. My guess is it's something to do with the rear brakes, but I'm not quite sure.

DSCF0611.jpg

DSCF0615.jpg

DSCF0616.jpg

DSCF0617.jpg

Any thoughts?

Handbrake cable. The cable itself runs inside that corrugated looking tubing, it is flexible but has a tendancy to seize solid. Give it some encouragement and it'll move

dammit! u beat me!

heres one for you neil; the orange thing!; where was it made??!!!

il giv you a hint; its on the front shocks......

ive got that neil, ive tucked it further under so its out of view. do the same and you will never know its there.

from your pic looks like you have alot of rust on your sill/ rear bean and underside.

are you going to redo the underside?? kurust, mastic 121, paint rfurb etc? just thought id ask as im planinng that with mine and if you are we can help each other :)

I am planning on getting the sills and rear arch undersides done - just not sure when yet. The brakes and cambelt need sorting first though. When you plannning on doing yours?

mikeFRP said:
ive got that neil, ive tucked it further under so its out of view. do the same and you will never know its there.

Ta for that mate, I think it needs attacking with a hammer - it's pretty solid! :p

whenever my freind and i aere both off work and the weather isnt too crappy, lol.

Im wanting to replace all nuts and bolts too so it looks better and in future will be easyer to get out if they need to.

stainless steel bolts are the way ahead..... find a good local fixings stockist. most of my car is now held together with stainless bolts!

frosts catologue is good for proper rust prevention stuff; i need to get hold of some bits and have a go too so il let you know if what i try works

neil; top of the front shocks, need the wheel off & head right under the wheel arch & theres an orange poly bump stop thats says 'vw germany'!!!!

Latest posts

Back