wheel center caps

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

hi.

I was thinking of getting these center caps, by looking at them they just stick over the original ones.

does anyone have these? i dont want them to look naff and look like a rubbish stick on job.

Ive seen the ones on pumabuild and heard that they fall out all the time, so thought if these look good they will be a cheaper and better alternative :)

heres the linky anyways

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-x-Ford-Racing-B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... otohosting

thanks

Mike

If you are going to get some of those, pay special attention to cleanliness when sticking them on.

For the price of one proper stainless one you can get all 4 so worth a go ;)

yeah thats what i was thinking, not a major lose if there crap, lol.

il get them and see :)

I know, mine are scuffed and I know that new one's would really be the finishing touch on the outside of the car. Even the ordinary one's are too expensive but the Millennium one's say 'Millennium' on them and of course I would want them.

They actually say "Millennium Products" spiralling outwards...

;)

milliewheelcentre.jpg

They do indeed! Lovely little things, maybe they are carved from platinum or something and that's why they are so expensive ;)

The 9 spokes on a Millennium are slightly darker than normal puma 9 spokes as well. Gawd knows how much they would be each from Ford!

Are you sure they aren't shinier? I could swear my milly has shinier 9 spokes than the green puma I had last year......

Promise.

Millennium Puma's 9 spokes are nearly anthricite in colour, normals are silver - like props.

Out the factory anyway - who knows what previous owners do to them.

Millennium - Year 2000, 1000 made
Zinc Yellow, Leather interior (front seats, door cards, rear seats and rear side panels) including Recaro front seats, Passenger airbag, Air conditioning, Front slip mats, 9 spoke Millennium* alloy wheels

*Not regular 9 spokes

Normal:
c62a_27.JPG

Millennium:
milliewheelcentre.jpg

Darker :eek:k:

(Jeez - I need to get out more.... :( )

For the standard 9 spokes, can you change centre caps whilst keeping the alloys on? Looks like you have to take the wheels off(??)

It is possible to get them off without removing the wheel, but it's so much easier with it off. Just a bang on the back of it will pop it off.

managed to do them with wheels on, was very careful not to mark the alloys using screwdriver. Worked well though.

I'd have just taken to wheels off ;)

Getting all your bits done slowly then Chris?

red said:
I'd have just taken to wheels off ;)

Getting all your bits done slowly then Chris?

I didn't have the patience for taking the wheels off mate, bish bash bosh :p

Just doing my last minute things now, like the new tyres, centre caps, touching up the marks, site sticker,missing screw caps-you know, the essentials! :-D

Argg...missing screw caps! My Puma has a missing on on the dash, just on the left where the point is next to the vent. There's a blanking plate with a screw behind it. Need to nick one from a fiesta or something.

Back