Windows Media player MP3 disc burning help please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check that the program's not trying to burn to a CDRW, as these are formatted differently and will only hold about 500Mb. Don't know if you saw my edit earlier on, but check whether you've got 477Kb or 477Mb left. With 696Mb used, you should have about 477Kb left. Any other probs Pete PM me and I'll try and put you straight.

Rob, that figure I gave for CD quality is what Media Player use to say, but I bow to your superior knowledge mate. I normally use Nero and have done for donkey's, wouldn't normally touch MP with a barge pole.

To be fair, 192kbps could be described as "CD quality" because most of the time you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. A bit like "OE Quality" - does the job, but corners have been cut somewhere along the line.

I like to think I can tell the difference, hence why I only rip at 320kpbs, but if you were to put me in a blind test, I probably couldn't. I'm just an audio snob.

Having just tried to uninstall WMP 11 and install Nero, my computer would only 'wind back' WMP and not remove it ( thanks Bill Gates for another crock of sh1te), so i've system restored my PC & will install Nero anyway if i can use it without conflict from WMP?

Totally separate applications, shouldn't interfere with each other. Nero is the tits as far as CD burning is concerned.

i use powerampdb to convert bitrates to 192 and then nero to burn a data disk, always works fine for me.

Seems neither Nero or WMP11 wants to burn MP3 discs, i'll pester Windoze & Dell support.

Nero uninstalled for now

Things that i have learnt:

WMP11 & Nero are NOT compatible.

Nero cannot be uninstalled fully & Nero no longer support version 6, so the removal tool is not availible to download either.

WMP11 cannot be uninstalled - only wound back to the previous version of WMP11.

Microsoft's Fix-it tool works well, it fixed the corrupted libary, which was probably the problem to start with.

Latest posts

Back