XCarLink Bluetooth Streaming - Has anyone tried one?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo_Jet

Hi, has anyone used the XCarLink plugin unit for their existing Puma CD head unit to allow them to stream music from their phone to the headunit and speakers? I am considering it for my Puma as a less nickable and more ascetically pleasing option to replacing the existing unit with a non-matching DIN headunit with an adapter infill panel.
Thanks! :grin:
http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=308&cat=19&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xcarlink-Bluetooth-Interface.jpg

I used an xcarlink in my old MPS and worked a treat. It just makes the head unit think it has a cd changer attached and plays the MP3 files.

Thanks Dal :grin: I'm hoping to use this updated XCarLink to stream music from Google Play Music on my phone and to also relay the Sat Nav and incoming calls through the speakers.

I was hoping someone on here might already have one to comment on how well it works but looks like I might be the first? :tumble: :wink:

Grom audio have a good reputation in BMW land for a similar thing if that's any use / option:

http://www.gromaudio.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes there are. Click the "full list of supported cars" link under the pictures of the 4 units on the main page.
But yes, they are a bit pricey compared with the competition.

Well I'm really after a completely wireless solution for my phone as I'm getting a wireless QI charging dock for my phone and so I really want wireless audio integration with the head unit as well. It's the wireless dream! :grin:

So the Grom Bluetooth unit at £99 may be a cheaper alternative to the XCarLink unit at £129 but I'll need to investigate further. I note from the application guide below that it does say 6000CD is compatible but only with the AUX button and for the MK5 Fiesta.
http://www.gromaudio.co.uk/data/grom_application_guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which got me wondering :? have I already stuffed up? As you might have seen on other posts I've made, I'm a proud new owner of a Thunder Puma and she's great! But I soon discovered that the 6006CD multi-changer head unit the Thunder's come with have no capability to accept a Bluetooth adapter as they have no rear port for CD multi-changer.

And so I recently bought this 6000CD unit (below) from a fellow forum member but I now realise that while it says 'CD Changer Compatible' on it there is no AUX button on it or similar? How do you activate a CD multi-changer on these units?

I use the Yatour YT-M06, works brilliant.
Can be used with Aux, SD-card and USB. On the SD-card and USB you have to number your songs from 01-99 which can be a bit annoying. Other than that it just has an CD-Charger connection and plugs right into your radio (if it's compatible, I myself use a 5000 serie) it also supports 6-cds each can handle a maximum of 99 songs (6 x 99 = 594 songs if using a SD/USB)
You can also upgrade the unit with a Bluetooth device for wireless phone calls/streaming music if you should desire, I don't have this upgrade so I can't tell you about this.

Yes with the 6000s when a changer is connected pressing the CD button once does the changer and then press it again for the headunit slot. Or maybe vice versa, but it is effectively an AUX button when something is plugged into the back.

Thanks! Well I've just ordered one now to go with my recently acquired 6000CD unit.

I will let you know how it goes! :)

As above but to get CD changer from radio you press CD button twice - first press goes to in-built CD next press to CD changer

Back