Yay or Nay?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_puma

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omex-Clubman-Twin-Coil-Rev-Limiter-with-Launch-Control-Fiesta-ST-Zetec-S-/370636111440?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item564ba23e50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thoughts? The only thing I'm worried about is will it damaged the engine etc in anyway?

They aren't charging a lot for fitting so it should be pretty easy I'd reckon.

Does this over-ride the standard ECU rev limiter then?

TBH unless youre running a high performance engine whats the point really???

Launch control wont achieve anything you cant do by learning to drive properly and as its FWD a day at a RWYB santa pod day will give you all the skill you need to launch properly.

no point in a higher rev limit without the mapping to suit. Basic rev limit can be tweaked if you map it anyway.....

Youre better off spending your £120 on a decent airfilter (and cold air feed) and a uprated set of leads or coilpack.

launch control on a 120bhp car lol?

as said higher rev limit is pointless anyway and you will just be going slower by holding the revs longer on a standard engine rather then changing up into the power band

Alright don't mock me...I just want it to show off, yeah I said it...I want the pops and bangs and possibly flames to huff and puff and blow your license plate off.

I should get a refund shouldn't I :(

Alright, ima fit it, but does anyone know...in the instructions in says connect to coil positive and coil negative, can i splice into coil wires that are running to the fusebox or ecu or do I have to go through the firewall into the bay?

Back