Vaccum hose from throttle body to servo

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbc1971

hi I need the hard plastic pipe which comes out of the throttle body to the servo the first bit from the throttle body to its first join us the bit I need ,can anyone help

Not sure you can re-join if you split at the valve so its easier to get the whole thing. Make sure you get the correct one for your brake servo, early joins on the right and later on the left of the reservoir.

You can fit a used servo hose, I've just swapped from one type to the other modding my track car.
Be careful, there are things to watch out for.
Firstly, the pipe at the manifold end is held by a 'one way' clip. To remove the old one you need to trim it flush, then push it through INTO the manifold. Obviously you can't leave it there so it has to be done with the throttle body off to catch the piece.
Secondly, a second hand pipe won't have the little flared end that stops the pipe being sucked in under vacuum (the bit you need to cut off to push tge old one through), so a blob of filler or something needs putting on the pipe 1" from the end to stop this.

In short, I'd recommend a new pipe, and don't forget you'll need a throttle body gasket.
Hope this is helpful, Stu..

Thanks stu and all , I'm waiting on a replacement engine at the moment , so this was a bit of a bummer ,breaking a hose ,the nightmare has just started :grin:

That's where they go, it is the same size, but id price up a replacement for peace if mind.That wide bit is there for a reason.
How did you get it out?
Mine is bodged and needs a proper fix.

Hi trub I pushed it into the throttle body then shock it out ,needless to say I have the inlet manifold off the engine,my new 49,000 mile engine turned up today ,only thing is I'm working Saturday so won't get near it until Sunday :-(

Back