How to remove doors?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiq

Hei,

didnt want to do new topic, also this topic was similar to my problem. I need to remove my Puma's front doors, but im not sure how to remove door hinge brad/bolts. With a little hammer power they didnt move at all, also there is no sign/trace that they are turnable. Maybe you guys could help me?

Greetings from Estonia,
AJ

Just had a look at my drivers door, as I should be changing it at the weekend.

The top hinge has a clip on the pin at the top.
The bottom hinge has a clip on the pin at the bottom.

Hopefully, if you remove the clips from the pins, the bottom pin should knock out upwards and the top pin should knock out downwards.

I have just replaced my drivers door.

It is removed as I said above, but make sure you disconnect the large rubber cable connector. The wiring is connected to the door and joins onto the car with a 'twist on plug'.

The pins can be removed but you need to put in a lot of welly!
I used a masonry bolster and a large mallet. Hit them until they move or until you get fed up! Once they are moving, they can be knocked out with an old screwdriver or the like.

The bottom one is the hardest to remove. As you have to hit it upwards to get it out. There isn't a lot of room between the pin and the ground to swing a mallet!

martinthrapston said:
might be easier if you raised the side your changing up on to axle stands/ramps so you can get at the bottom pin easier :eek:k:

Good point! :lol:

Thanks Ian
I have been trying for over an hour to remove the top one, its down to level with the hinge and thats it, gonna give my mate a shout who is good at this sort of thing.

Have you tried using something about the size of the pin you are trying to knock out..?

As mentioned above, I used an old screwdriver which was thin enough to fit through the hinge to knock the pin through.

Or I have seen something like a punch, but with a flat end/bottom.

Back