2015 Trackday meets?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztnIjchLnr4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This could be us Neil!! :p

I've been to Woodbridge, it's a great place and the corners are fantastic - however the surface your drive on is very abrasive and will tear your tyres up. It's also full of small stones and grit so expect stone chips on your bumpers, windscreen, bonnet and rear quarters.

I wouldn't be able to the 11th April or 16th May at Woodbridge, but i would prefer to go to Bedford or Brands.

Which layout at Bedford did you do when you went last time?

The day at Brands i was on about is Monday 27th April and is the Burton Power track day - it's open pit lane and £199 before the 10% discount when using the code 'Burton 15'. I think the discount only applies to this date.

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2015/april/27-bh-gen.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neil - You have to keep the power on on paddock hill and not let up, if you lift off the throttle your go into a slide and into the gravel like my dad did.

yea I found judging the braking area difficult as the corner is blind so is the apex.

Last time at Bedford we did the SEN circuit which was awesome but would also love to do the Full GT Circuit too, there's also the SW Circuit which I think is a combi of SEN and GT.

Next one myself and the rest of the #TrackAddict lot are booking onto is Cadwell Park, 28th May through Javelin

Welcome to join us if you wish

PumaJay said:
Next one myself and the rest of the #TrackAddict lot are booking onto is Cadwell Park, 28th May through Javelin

Well it's a good 2 and a half months away, plenty of time to book a travel lodge I have to have a go at Cadwell at some point! :twisted:

PumaJay said:

Love to, and hopefully can get along to this one

grayfox said:
PumaJay said:

Well it's a good 2 and a half months away, plenty of time to book a travel lodge I have to have a go at Cadwell at some point! :twisted:

My thoughts exactly... there isnt much in the way of hotels around the circuit though

I found a converted barn offering B&B not a mile from Cadwell, lovely place, travellodge prices too.. *edit* ok a bit more than that..
I``ll dig out the details...

EDIT

Here its is..
http://www.barnbreaks.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He gets trackdayers and racers regularly. nice bloke.

2.3 miles and 5 mins from Cadwell Park :cool:

last time I went, the rest of my group stayed in a premier/travellodge about 20 miles further away (nearest one), it was a poor route to Cadwell (junction/roundabouts) and it took them over half an hour.

Great tip stu, cheers! Even half hr drive is going to bet a 4 hour one leaving at 3am anyday!

It turns it into a ridiculously long day, driving over about 125 miles to a track (I`m towing in an old transit so no rushing..)

Plenty of camping too at Cadwell itself which is where I`ll be staying.
After staying at Rockingham (in the van!) Iv`e decided on heading straight to whichever circuit I doing and staying there (the vans a lot comfier these days). Apart from the closest ones.
I find I`m raring to go all day
Though I`d think twice a Angelsey in November...

I think we're going to pass on Cadwell now, its not convenient for us all to get there, so what we're now thinking is Mallory Park on 21st May.

Been wanting to do Mallory for a while now.

Good call Jay.
I had pancilled in this Mallory gig but thought id catch up with your #trackaddict crowd instea while I missed Rockingham.
This track has been on my list for a while..

Cadwell, best bed and breakfast in world (probably) http://www.thepaddockatscamblesby.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

less than 5 mins drive, and treated like royalty, chocolate bars, fruit..... cake on arrival

Woodbridge is very rough, lot of fun, but it will destroy your tyres, there are couple of areas where you transverse roadways, and if you have very hard suspension probably wouldn't do you or car much good, any savings on trackday are lost on extra wear and tear on car over a proper track.

Best VFM trackday IMHO is bedford, as nice circuit, and cheap compared to the full blown racing circuits

Mallory had been on my list for a while now, its a local one for me as well, only 20 mins up the road.

Ive Cadwell once before and loved it there but I do need to scratch the Mallory itch

I might try to squeeze this on in too on the 1st May

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1055itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comments about Wood bridge are correct.Its bumpy abrasive and there are bits of debris hiding in the grass which can do damage(from experience)Last and only time I went there In my Exige I broke a fog light,front splitter and wrecked a new set of AO48s.Only redeeming feature was the very long straight where you could top about 150mph

After a dramatic day at Oulton I`m set to tackle Cadwell this week.
And a nice surprise tonight is to see another puma has booked (anyone here?)
Making three of us to fly the flag...

There`s a little track in Wigan called the 3 Sisters.
they have never really done trackdays as it`s a short and twisty circuit more suited to karts
Although, strangely, they offer an all day F1 experience drive there!

I digress...
They`ve started doing open sessions, pay as you go, once a month or so.
There is one on May 17th which I might just pop along to.
https://www.facebook.com/events/603345053133366/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(as a test day for Mallory the following week..)

It`s £20 for ten laps (1 mile track) not cheap if you want a 200 mile trackday
but good for shakedowns..

It`s 5 miles up the road ;-)

Latest posts

Back