Aarons Track Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is indeed, good day out with monster trucks and fire engines doing wheelies and plenty of run what you've brung track time.

Sounds good. I always wanted to take mine up the strip at Santa Pod but it didn't seem worth it back then when it was still pretty much standard :lol:
Now that its stripped and once i've done a few upgrades i might consider it again

It's quite addictive once you've done it, mine pretty standard power wise and deffo need some more grunt, bearing in mind my class had stripped out type R's on R888 semi slicks

Depends on what type r's you're on about but the old EK9 B16 civic's are pushing 185bhp standard anyway! :lol:

At least you were keeping with them off the line! What are the "classes" separated by?

1.0 - 1.6
1.0 - 1.6 turbo
1.65 - 2.0
1.65 - 2.0 turbo
2.0 + turbo and non turbo
It was a 2004 model (200 bhp) but there wasn't much standard under the bonnet, didn't come last in class so that's not to bad :)

Corsa redtop, old fiesta don't know what was under the bonnet but it was quite close.And was quite close with a s2000. Best time was 15.543 not record breaking but it's a start.

I think standard normally runs in 16's so you've saved some time somewhere! :eek:k:

Probably all the weight that's been taken out, just need to get some more horse out of it and cheap any ideas

aaron86 said:
Probably all the weight that's been taken out, just need to get some more horse out of it and cheap any ideas
If your not driving it as your main car, bin the a/c and pas! will save a good load of weight and there's less things the engine has to run, therefore a tiny bit of extra power. After that, it starts getting more expensive :|

Flying Scotsman said:
aaron86 said:

These words do not belong in the same sentence

Yes those words only belong on a Tesco hamburger wrapper :roll:

Well I've just had the car remapped by a local installer of evolution chips, a claimed 10bhp increase, also removed torque limiters and increased rev range and it is certainly quicker.
null-5.jpg

Also made a iPhone holder so I can start using harrys lap timer app on track days will see how it goes on friday , got local airfield again #cantwait

New to this site but looking at doing the same to a Puma ive just bought, Your car looks the part and the thread is great.
Keep up the good work

Thanks mate and welcome to the site, if you need any info or help with your car there is always someone on here that can help you.

Last night at local airstrip in the wet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7jHDBgUSqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back