Aarons Track Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hosting another local track day on 19 July,the puma is certainly getting some action this year! :-D

Loving this project!! Now i'm probably asking a stupid question but why the holes in the bumper?

Cheers mate it keeps me occupied :) The holes in the bumper is to help the airflow, also help shed a kilo or two and I fink it looks cool

Hosted another track evening at my local airfield on Friday, poor quality film as off my mates phone but good cheap fun (£25 per car)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=DOa5adF-ALo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Few little updates, got my window switches relocated on a carbon plate where the stereo was also resprayed my wheels black and painted the brake drums.
null-7.jpg
null-8.jpg
null-9.jpg

That's what I'm going to do when I put the battery in the back. The heater panel below is screwed down to a mounting frame, I used slightly longer screws and 90 degree brackets to rivet into. The top of the panel slides under the plastic dash trim quite snug so didn't fix that to anything, going to blyton on Wednesday which should be fun :grin:

Well went to blyton park today and its a really good track can't wait to go back.
XS2_0452.jpg
XS2_0242.jpg
XS2_0137-1.jpg
XS2_0439.jpg
XS2_0691.jpg

Acquired these last weekend, just need to spray them white and get some good tyres on them ready for next track day at Yorkshire Autodrome.
null_zps7a851744.jpg

Finally got round to doing my 300mm conversion, greenstuff pads and mtec vented, drilled and grooved discs. They make such a difference. Crap pic and wheels need a refurb but £44 inc tyres can't complain
null_zpsa5fb7df6.jpg

Next is a pumaspeed front splitter as the one I made lasted about 2 month :oops: then will start looking at track days again after crimbo, speaking of which a quick video from last time out at blyton

http://youtu.be/3EklGhVrjzk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

love track car threads and big up to you with what your doing. Your doing all the right stuff, handling is everything for track days, thats where you gain time and speed. Polybushes are what you need next. bonus with the coilovers

Blyton is a fun track but gets boring after a while, a few miles down the road is Cadwell which is a real drivers track.

Watched the video and through the fast chicane you should be pushing 170 Kph (110mph) minimum through there and about the same approaching the tight chicane on the back straight

Here's a couple of our videos, one in an MG ZS 180 and one in a Fiesta with a Puma engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b49RpKJ5Gc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA3U9s7mUP8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bonus is your local to us, we are in Bradford, Shipley to be exact, could arrange something and happy to help/ discuss mods. By the way Oulton park is closer than Elvington , Blyton and Cadwell.

Cheers mate, been looking at your track thread aswell and it all seems to be coming along nicely.
I've been to Cadwell before and I love it , just turned out this year when I could get to a track day blyton was always cheaper and always open pit lane (don't see the point on 6x20 min sessions for over £100). The app I use to record on my phone is out in terms to the speed as you are supposed to use a " GPS aerial" which I don't have, I can't remember what speeds I get to and I'm no Lewis Hamilton I just love the thrill and how the car drives. I also think this forum is great with what you can learn from other members and the feedback people get.

Agree, it is all about having fun - trouble is there is a group of us all being a little competative and none more so than my son and I lol

check http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=684itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Javelin only really do open pit days, generally very well run.

That's it, once your on the track you get the bug. That's why I love the puma, everyone that hasn't drove one think they are just hairdressers cars, until you go sailing past and leaving them in the corners. As for Javelin I can't complain with their track days, really organised and fairly cheap (although not as cheap as the ones I organise). :grin:

well don't think we will do another track day until March next year and Oulton will be first definitely. Then Cadwell, Croft and Donnington, although Donnington is expensive. After that may just circulate between the first three and we always do Silverstone in September. That should give us plenty of time to develop the cars.

What I always love about budget track cars is flying past more expensive machinery, especially Scoobys and the like.

Received my puma speed splitter and fitted it over crimbo when off work, also won some cheap oz alloys off eBay and fitting some T1Rs for the next trackday, Cadwell on the 24th March if anyone else is going?

nice, we're doing Oulton on the 15th March so can't really afford 2 so close together, have fun Cadwell is our favourite

Going to try and get to oulton and croft as well this year. Also won some OZ Titan alloys (in the correct offset) on eBay quite cheap and some T1Rs from JJC race and rally to put me on while I get some semi slicks sorted.

Latest posts

Back