another £1000 in running costs.....FRPs...!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

just preped my car for another hol; this time its newquay....

when i get back she will need....

a service which will cost me about £40
new front discs....£200 a pair
new front pads....prob around £60 to £80
new rear discs...£15
new rear pads....£15
2 new tyres....£250 (thats cheaper than trade but im gonna have a hunt around...)
a decat pipe cos the mot man says so.... frp over fuels & has nearly killed my £300 sports cat in a year & a half...! so im saving it for special occassions such as the mot!
a new clutch...£140
and im fitting my special gearbox....£my own free time!

ok so it adds upto £720... but if they were 'joe public frp prices' thatd be nearly £1400!!!! thank god i dont pay retail or labour!

ps; the brakes, tyres and clutch have lasted 18 months!!!!!! i might have to start driving sensibly!

:hide:

Good job your dedicated Jacko!

is that just the standard ford clutch?

i thought you wer using hi spec discs now?

and the frp shud be driven how you want. expensive to maintain, but worth the smiles per miles, lol

jacko said:
ps; the brakes, tyres and clutch have lasted 18 months!!!!!! i might have to start driving sensibly!

You did better than I did when I had mine :hide:

hi spec discs; dont think there as high carbon content as alcons but at half the price.....bovverd?!!?
focus clutch will be going in & pos another going to AP racing for tweeking
michelin pilot exalto s 225/40/**r18** or something like that; £125 to me, £133 to my neighbour who's actually in the trade & god knows how much from kwik fit etc!!! gonna look around the internet this time...

Jacko if it makes you feel any better, I did a set of tyres on my E92 M3 in 5000miles.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah!

well iv gone for some (kinda cheapy) milleniums (made by avon).... they look good & have good 'aquaplaning' & i tend to do a lot of that on 8inch wide alloys!

there prob a bit harder than my pilots but im mainly motorway driving, there 8inch so country lanes are still gonna be fine & there on the rears & iv sorted the typical twitchy frp rear end so all is good!

front brakes are soon to be fitted.... i ordered hispecs grooved ones (same as i had originally when i had the frp setup commissioned) but they had a computor crash, rang me back to confirm etc but still managed to send plain discs... (£50 each plus vat) rang them up, cant be bothered to return them (il give them a go!!) & theyv done me a refund.... i will also be trying ferrodo pads this time (hispec machined them down to correct frp thickness for me)

litle cock up aside i do recommend hispec

rear discs & clutch can wait til next month!

hope so.... the mintex ones fade when used hard.....

there is a cure for that; drive slower! but thats no fun!

ferrodo pads are in.............words fail me!
you know your brakes are good when you cant physically hold yourself off the steering wheel and your chest hurts from the seatbelt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

def worth the £130!
now i know why roy at hispec had a little chuckle when he told me to try them!!!!!

think they will play havoc with the abs tho! (mine hasnt got abs!!!)

Back