Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, doesn't seem to be any people down here! Or not many anyway.

Would be good to arrange something, hopefully more people will see this.

That's a shame. There's plenty of puma's about. Maybe I'll have to make up a windscreen leaflet to get them along here ;) lol. Well I reckon we should do a meet when the weather warms up. Would people prefer weekday evenings when it's reasonably light or weekend lunchtimes or something else?

Oh well, I guess if it's the 'right' colour then it must be ok ;)

As there's signs of the weather improving then it would be good to start thinking about a venue. A decent roadside caf open in the evenings with big enough car park facing out to the road where we can get a couple parked up side by side and at least have a mini display ;) And somewhere that's convenient for everybody's location.

I'm trying to have a think but if anyone can come up with some suggestions that would be good. There's a place on the way to Salisbury which I think is wrong location and I'm not sure Ryker's in Dorking is quite right either. There;s a couple of reasonable pubs just outside Dorking on the way towards Redhill.

Any ideas?

J

Must say, if it's towards Salisbury it's reasonably far for Dan and myself coming from Gatwick. Dorking sounds alright though :)

That looks very nice indeed, and very convenient for me :)

The location I mentioned previously, A25 near Dorking:

http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/watermill-inn-dorking/s5709/

http://www.thearklemanor.co.uk/

While I'd been looking for places I did come across a list of places used by another motor club but I didn't save the link but I have looked for alternatives and the MG club has extensive information about venues they use, regional directory page http://www.mgcc.co.uk/pub-meets/

Anyway, how would others feel about the Basingstoke venue?

Jim

Both those are nice, I've been before. Not very far for us.

Don't mind travelling to Basingstoke, just got to put up with some motorway drone!

If there were enough interested people then it would be possible to arrange a few meets in different localities to be convenient for more people. However, that doesn't seem to be happening. Dorking's a long way to come from Oxford, Basingstoke a long way from Gatwick (and Oxford I'd have thought). But motorway links make it a little easier (although both M25 and M3 are a bit of a disaster while the M3 'smart' motorway work is going endlessly on :(

I do wonder whether others will turn up for a meet just not join in the discussion?

I'm very much down South in Gosport and may consider coming along if another non-Puma is accepted, although running a Puma lump... :?

CherryVimto said:
I'm very much down South in Gosport and may consider coming along if another non-Puma is accepted, although running a Puma lump... :?

Fiesta??

Well Basingstoke would be better from Gosport than Dorking and I'd say if anyone were reading this then they must be interested in Puma's so it really should be open to anyone who's on the board.

As a slight aside, I came across (on PumaPeople) was anyone going to Simply Ford Rally at Beaulieu on 1st May (sunday)? Does anyone here do that sort of thing? Maybe I'll start a separate topic :)

Agree, Basingstoke would be better from there. Would be good to get a central place for everyone.

Latest posts

Back