Bit the bullet

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to have the front wing and then cut the arch out to suit, you can always try to sell the rest to a Pug owner for a repair panel. Try this item on ebay 110372096561. If you're by Brum they're in Sparkhill, just off the High Street (Stratford Road) in Beach Road. You need the opposite side to the side you're doing, (no problem if you're doing both obviously)

Sorry to bump an old thread but im a bit confused on which panels to use. I get that i need the front wings of a peugeot 206 for the rear arches of a puma, but you said you used the nearside front wing from a peugeot, yet its been put on the offside arch of the puma as in the photo? Is that correct or is this a mirror image?

Cheers

Great thread, I've gotta ask about the 206 panels though - are they alse designed to collect water like the Pumas or is this a long term fix?

Hi there.

I hope this is ok but I have posted a thread on http://www.ukcougarforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about this and linked it back here.
I think this rear arch solution is ingenious, and as some of our Cougars are just starting to suffer from timworm on the rear arches, and there have never been repair sections made for the big Cat, I wonder if we could find a similar solution.

the thread is here: http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/sho...olution-from-ProjectPuma!&p=421773#post421773, you may need to register but I've posted in the open section of the forum so no need to subscribe.

Thanks, Steve

That would be freaky!

Unlike on the Puma some of the Cougars are just starting at the very bottom where the leading edge of the arch meets rear edge of the sill
This area is pretty angular and slab sided so it will be a challenge certainly! But there's always hope!

We're also looking at a company called Radford Panels, who say they can copy an existing panel, but we haven't got any further than swapping emails so far, as you can imagine the logistics of sourcing all the donor panels and transporting them is going to be a challenge, especially in such a small club.

Thanks again, Steve.

Latest posts

Back