Bye bye to the Puma!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodspike

Well the time has come for me and my Puma to part company! Sad I know, :cry: :cry: :cry: but the time has come. I've been out this morning and bought a 56 plate PT Cruiser, not everybody's cup of tea, but I've always liked them and wanted one since I saw the Pronto Cruzer concept way, way back.

So, what do I do with the Puma? Do I, strip it, or sell it as it is?

If I strip it, I've got FRP seats (front and back), Carbon Fibre bonnet, stainless cat back exhaust, 5 alloys, 4 with brand new tyres, new HCV, and a shed full of spares, probably about 7-800 quid.
If I sell it as is, I've got a 2001 Puma 1.7 with the afore mentioned bits and a sunroof fitted (one of only three in UK so I've been told) that's MOT'd 'til December but the tax is up end of April, probably about 600 notes.

I'll put it in the for sale part and see what comes up, I don't really want to strip it, I'd rather somebody else had some fun with it like I've had.
I won't be leaving the site, I'll still be here, just Puma less for the first time in 7 years :cry: :cry: :cry:

Midnight Blue said:
It come to us all! Hope you enjoy your new toy as much as I am enjoying mine :eek:k:

Thanks Pat, but I don't think I'll enjoy the Cruiser in the same way as I enjoyed the Puma. What I will enjoy is the fact that I'll have headlights that I can see by at night, brakes that will actually stop me and not smacking my head on the door frame when I forget to bend down enough.
What I will miss is the absolutely brilliant handling and the fact that I could leave most cars standing going through the bendy bits.

I wonder if it's too late to take the Cruiser back?

You should have had a reply about your advert HRS - you need to add a location to your advert. :eek:k:

Sorry to hear you are selling, you will probably be better off taking the seats out and selling them separately.

Glad you are hanging around though.

Regards

Simon

Bit of a difference between the Puma & PT eh? My dad had a PT for about 4 years until last month, the Mercedes Vito engined diesel model haha.

Plenty of room in them, after taking the rear seats out he managed to get a sofa in there and still shut the boot!! Also the seats weigh an absolute ton! If you going on any long journeys and don't need them I'd advise removing them for the journey as my dad got an extra 3mpg doing so.
He had a few problems with it such as the tachometer broke a few times, suspension and steering components broke, dash creaked in the winter, airbag light kept coming on, some hoses split & a few other small things!

Personally wasn't a fan of it, although it was better than the Auris he's replaced it with, that is one boring car!!!

After driving the PT this morning, I've realised how good the Puma handling is. I used to drive American cars years ago, so I know you can't sling them into a bend and hope to come out of it facing the same way. The drive is very relaxed, and after 7 years of frantic driving in the Puma, it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but, as I said before, the headlights actually give out light, the brakes actually do what they're supposed to do and I haven't yet cracked my head on the door frame and uttered the famous Puma driver's line " Oh my f*****g head"!!!!!!!!!!

Sad to see it go, but it's probably worth more in bits. The seats alone will go for a fair whack on eBay.

Cheers guys, Aaron's having it, as I really haven't got the time or space to strip it.
All I've got to do now is get used to American handling, the comfort I'm already used to!!!

Latest posts

Back