Doors open warning light on.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H14 RUD

Hi fellow Puma owners
Can someone help please my amber doors open warning light on dashboard stays on all the time is this something a real mechanical idiot like me can sort easily ?

Check the switches inside the door slams.

Circled in red in this pic -

img_1633_large2.jpg

Just above the check strap.

Thanks will try that,is this a common problem?
Also seat belt metal bit you push in to holster drops to floor when you remove belt any ideas on how to rectify , I have searched forum but cannot find anything on this.

Cornishpuma said:
Thanks will try that,is this a common problem?
Also seat belt metal bit you push in to holster drops to floor when you remove belt any ideas on how to rectify , I have searched forum but cannot find anything on this.

There's normally a little button on the belt to hold it up, can you see a hole in the belt about shoulder height?

Many thanks Ian will check this out in the morning as its cold wet and getting dark outside.
By the way my Puma is S Reg 98 model

My guess is that the plastic has failed, if you need some message me your address and I'll post you some down.

Swithes checked put no change i also checked undr bonnet theres a round thing in middle at the front when pressed made alarm beep i got a feeling this is the offending contact any ideas?
Seat belts have nothing on them currently.

If the plastic is OK on the switch, unscrew them and make sure they're still connected.

That shouldn't cause the light to stay on but it's worth checking.

what year is car as switches in some (eg mine) are in door locks, and the plastic plungers dont affect the lights

Mine is S reg and the plastic plungers do affect my lights.
I am now convinced its the bonnet sensor thats causing it. anyone got a pic of what it should look like it sits on the plate just behind where the bonnet catch is.

My door light is staying on also on a 1997 puma (the plastic bit is on my door frame) I have a mechanic coming tomorrow to have a fiddle, if I find anything out will post and let you know.
:thumbs:

Also would be an idea to check the switch on the boot. With boot open, look at the catch and there should be a white plug connected to the right side of it.

Check to make sure it is pushed in/on properly.

This plug not being connected properly was the cause of my door light being illuminated on my 1998...

Ok, so have checked my doors, bonnet and boot and found the following:

Boot switch is broken but have isolated it at the moment (light is still on in my dash)

Bonnet checked and that switch is working fine and also making my lights flash when pressed.

Have now found out that the fault lies on the switch on the passenger door, will I have to replace this or is there a way it could work loose and may just need a fiddle??

Back